• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sonny Bill praying to someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
No... not like all Arabs do, perhaps like Muslims do. Not all Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are Arabs.

And it's Allah not Ala.

And I think your post is pointless. And offensive.

Plenty of players do a sign of the cross when they run onto the field, particularly the Christian players from Samoa/Tonga/Fiji and even South Africans etc but I don't see anyone drawing attention to that action.

AMEN to this.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Can someone delete this threat. I think it's an insult to the worldly and intelligent visitors and posters on this site and does not do anything for the good of G&GR. I don't think this site needs racial and/or religious bigotry and prejudice.

Skippy, I take your point, but 95% of the posts and agrees on this thread have been to the effect of "SBW can do as he pleases and it matters not", which, I think, confirms how most posters stand on bigotry and prejudice. Which says something good about this place, I think.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
It's the same as hollywood actors thanking god and their best friends cat for winning an oscar. It's all a bit of a show.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think biggsy was just asking a question out of curiosity. I haven't got the vibe of any ill intentions over the creation of this thread.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm still waiting and hoping for the day that someone thanks the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the Invisible Pink Unicorn, and celebrates His Noodly Appendage by doing a noodle dance after scoring.

We can all dream.

Didn't know that SBW was a Muslim until last weekend as well. Anyone else (as someone previously posted) wondering how the hell he is consuming enough energy whilst fasting during the daytime? Pretty bloody impressive. Thought he had a good game, too.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Not to mention getting up at 5am every morning for prayer. By the time a night match rolls around he must be stuffed.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I thought this was going to be a thread about Sonny Bill needing to pray to be picked in the RWC squad.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think biggsy was just asking a question out of curiosity. I haven't got the vibe of any ill intentions over the creation of this thread.

Thank you mate,

I never once said anything about his faith. As said, its his life...I didn't know at the time, and since he has been around mundine and his manger, I believe that they may have got to him. I was just making point, but I guess i'm behind the 8ball on this one.... I got the answer and true to G&GR forum and copped a bit a slack for it and things were taken out of text. And not reading the original thread and posting on the last comment made.

Novocastrian

Herbert Moran (7)
Thank you mate,

I never once said anything about his faith. As said, its his life...I didn't know at the time, and since he has been around mundine and his manger, I believe that they may have got to him. I was just making point, but I guess i'm behind the 8ball on this one.... I got the answer and true to G&GR forum and copped a bit a slack for it and things were taken out of text. And not reading the original thread and posting on the last comment made.

So Scarfman's quote of your initial post here isn't accurate?

Because it certainly reads to me that you're having a go at him for his religious beliefs - Mundine has got into his head; he's doing what arabs do when they pray; he needs more than Allah's help. And what's the relevance of the 'fact' that you know heaps of kiwis who hate him (presumably there's some connection to his religion, otherwise why mention it in a post commenting on apparent religious based actions), is it to show that there's just as many Islamaphobe Kiwis as there are Queenslanders?

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to how it is you weren't having a thinly veiled go at him for being Muslim?

A

antipodean

It's the same as hollywood actors thanking god and their best friends cat for winning an oscar. It's all a bit of a show.
I don't know him well enough to make that judgement. Next time you're having a chat could you trouble him for an autograph?

Didn't know that SBW was a Muslim until last weekend as well. Anyone else (as someone previously posted) wondering how the hell he is consuming enough energy whilst fasting during the daytime? Pretty bloody impressive. Thought he had a good game, too.
Just a pain in the arse eating at night really. I too thought he had a good game. Certainly wasn't well served by Slade, who was on the back foot most of the night. All up another demonstration that if you don't win the collisions, you're unlikely to win the game.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
So Scarfman's quote of your initial post here isn't accurate?

Because it certainly reads to me that you're having a go at him for his religious beliefs - Mundine has got into his head; he's doing what arabs do when they pray; he needs more than Allah's help. And what's the relevance of the 'fact' that you know heaps of kiwis who hate him (presumably there's some connection to his religion, otherwise why mention it in a post commenting on apparent religious based actions), is it to show that there's just as many Islamaphobe Kiwis as there are Queenslanders?

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to how it is you weren't having a thinly veiled go at him for being Muslim?

Your looking into this a little to much, I think its time for this thread to locked or deleted. Ive pushed a few buttons here by accident and had no intention Of where this thread has gone... But I cant help what other post and take thing the wrong way. I did mention what ever he believes in and did write he will need more then a god for him to get in the AB WC team.... I cant see where I was having a go at him directly in the post. (Maybe another sport star)

Status
Not open for further replies.