• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

South Africa v Wales match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I missed Reds vs Stromers this year, but it would have been awesome to see The Skulk vs Robinson. They could cause nuclear fusion if they ran into each other.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Agree with that. Sometimes he seems like he's on the edge of madness - or even beyond it.

Then you get guys who are more skilled than he is and wait for others to do the work and you feel like shaking them and telling them to watch Schalk Burger as the model of what to do.

Doesn't matter what team you follow - the vanilla guys annoy me.
Schalkie is probably the best equip all round losie in the game. Obvious dont like the gym and hard craft but his dad teach him the old values of rugby and he will surely be in the game for years to come. Agree with Blue, he is a great captain and lead by example and seems like the captaincy always bring the best out of him. I rewatch the Wales test again last night and if you look at the way he played, you cant believe he havent played since 2 July 2011.

We need him and Brussouw and Battleship in tandem if we want to get close to WC glory again. Bakkies will be a bonus.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Schalkie is probably the best equip all round losie in the game. Obvious dont like the gym and hard craft but his dad teach him the old values of rugby and he will surely be in the game for years to come. Agree with Blue, he is a great captain and lead by example and seems like the captaincy always bring the best out of him. I rewatch the Wales test again last night and if you look at the way he played, you cant believe he havent played since 2 July 2011.

We need him and Brussouw and Battleship in tandem if we want to get close to WC glory again. Bakkies will be a bonus.

And Alberts. Watch the last 15 minutes again and look at his cleanouts. This four together can give us breakdown ascendancy. Throw in Steenkamp who started to look like he is getting fit and we suddenly look handy in the pack.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I really hope you guys don't figure it out and ditch Spies for Alberts.

I wouldn't worry too much. It's too logical for our coach.

He saw Spies run 100m to score a try 2 years ago and he is still fixated on that one moment.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lol I ended up in the same hotel by accident so I saw the players quite a bit.

Too late now I am back in Aus but they may extradite me. I won't mind, as long as they give me some match tickets. :)

You didn't have to incriminate yourself further but if you do get some good tix let us know, there might be a crime spree

Status
Not open for further replies.