• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
Thanks for that - just had a look
An away trip to Cooma is interesting because its no different from Young to Albury which the Yabbies always seemed to struggle with.
At least we'll get a guide to how strong the 3rd & 4th Grade Comps are in Canberra as I presume taht is who the Yabbies 1st & 2nd Grade teams will be playing ?
The only time that Young will play JID clubs with byes in 1s 2s & colts is 02/April Easts ,14/May Gunghalin & 25/June Royals.Every other time Young plays any JID club they have 1st 2s & colts grades playing JID clubs. Young will play 6 of the 7 JID clubs in the first 7 rounds of the draw with ADFA being the only non JID club who they play in round 6. As to the strength of JID 3rd & 4th grade only time will tell.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
JID 3rd grade really fluctuate in standard. Queanbeyan/Tuggies/Royals/ Wests are full of quality players. over recent seasons seeing Jake Holland, Owen Finegan, Lix Lealiifano, Beau Mokotopu, all whom have played serious 1st grade matches.
in a normal season however id suggest that Young would comfortably account for Uni, Wests and Easts.
Goulburn really struggled in this comp in their previous attempt. Home games were ok. turning up at Viking park or Campese field for a game at noon will be the tester i'd think.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
The only time that Young will play JID clubs with byes in 1s 2s & colts is 02/April Easts ,14/May Gunghalin & 25/June Royals.Every other time Young plays any JID club they have 1st 2s & colts grades playing JID clubs. Young will play 6 of the 7 JID clubs in the first 7 rounds of the draw with ADFA being the only non JID club who they play in round 6. As to the strength of JID 3rd & 4th grade only time will tell.

Thanks for that - I really hope things work out well for the Yabbies this year- They deserve a bit of success after making the brave call to join the Monaro Comp

willym

Bob McCowan (2)
So far Tahs vs City on 19th March at Conolly field 3
Tahs vs Reddies Thursday 24th at Conolly field 3
Aggies vs Cowra/Canowindra 12th March at Conolly field 3
City vs Griffith 12th March at Griffith
Aggies vs Goulburn/Taralga 19th March at Goulburn

Anyone know of any more trials organised?

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
6 Weeks until the SIRU Comp kicks off
SIRU finished their Rep Trials yesterday against Quenbeyan and my spies tell me they were very competitive and had good numbers.
Waratahs look to be the favourites at the moment but the word is the Leeton Phantoms have again recruited well during the off season.
Aggies look to be in for a long season after several players left their ranks in the off season

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Hi Guys, apologies for my lack of effort on here recently, see below some trial matches for this weekend, there's a fair bit of rugby around the grounds in this area of the world and with roughly a month to go before the season proper kicks off, I'm sure these games will start to have some more passion to them.

* Albury Steamers hosting a three way trial with Melbourne Harlequins and Royals. Match ups are:
Royals 1st/2nd Grade v Harlequins 1st Grade
Royals Colts v Harlequins Colts
Royals 3rd/4th Grade v Albury Steamers
Royals Women's v Harlequins Women's

Kick Off Times are 3pm and 1:30pm using two fields. I assume Murrayfield is the venue.

* Griffith Blacks hosting Wagga City in First Grade and Women's at Exies Oval in Griffith. Kick Off Times TBC

* Ag College hosting Cowra and Canowindra in 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade and Women's at Conolly #3
Kick Off Times are:
3rd Grade 1pm, Women's 2:10pm, 2nd Grade 2:45pm and 1st Grade 4:00pm

And for those of you in the new Central West region, there is a game on Friday Night - Temora are hosting Young kicking off at 7:30pm at the Rec and the Coota Tens are also on this weekend at Country Club Oval.

Also, for those of you hiding under logs, Sterling Ross has moved to Wauchope to play League for the Wauchope Blues.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
JID 3rd grade really fluctuate in standard. Queanbeyan/Tuggies/Royals/ Wests are full of quality players. over recent seasons seeing Jake Holland, Owen Finegan, Lix Lealiifano, Beau Mokotopu, all whom have played serious 1st grade matches.
in a normal season however id suggest that Young would comfortably account for Uni, Wests and Easts.
Goulburn really struggled in this comp in their previous attempt. Home games were ok. turning up at Viking park or Campese field for a game at noon will be the tester i'd think.

The new 3rd/4th Grade set up in the ACT comp is really a f**k around to be honest...it def weakness the ACT comp as a whole regarding support for local clubs, players backing up etc...

I think you will find player numbers from the 3rd/4th grade teams drop this year...because alot of the guys play due to wanting to play abit of footy in the morning and then sit around all day watching the higher grades play - now that is impossible for a number of weeks playing this new format - as when the ACT side are playing Monaro/NSW Teams now 4th grade will start around 1:30pm and the 3rd grade around 3:00pm....in a totally different location to the John I Dent 1st Grade....

Yes this is only for possibly 4-5 weeks of the season but still!

You may possibly have 1 of 2 things happen -

1. ACT clubs will forfeit due to lack of numbers (as they will wanna watch 1st grade)

2. It will weaken the 2nd grade/possibly even 1st grade comps as where are the reverses coming from? It is a rule you are unable to have fresh reverses in 2nd/1st grade - they need to come from 4th/3rd/colts....I am guessing they are needing to change this - unless 2nd/1st grade can only have reverses from 2nd grade/colts....

- Also to add to that simply the support 1st Grade John I Dent gets - Lets say 60% of the players and families stay to watch 1st grade after playing 3rd/4th grade earlier in the morning....thats a alot of supporters/money the club's are not getting every week....hopefully the ACTRU are putting some more money in the back pocket of these clubs...

See how the comp goes - and I understand the idea but in practice - will it really work...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Anyone got results of trials over the weekend ? Interested to know what went on at Albury vs Royals 3s& 4s.
I think Royals have a wrap up on their Facebook page mate. Get your Cheese and Kisses to show you how to use it. . .
;)
Quins won 1st Grade, apparently with a strong squad, Royals weren't at full strength.

Aggies beat Cowra in a good game. Cowra didn't have the numbers that Aggies had, they brought a very handy #4 with them. Aggies have picked up a handy #7 and #12 which will help their cause this year. Also signed up 25 Motts.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Anyone got results of trials over the weekend ? Interested to know what went on at Albury vs Royals 3s& 4s.

Royals won by 7 tries to 1, I believe. The temperature peaked during the game at almost unbearable humidity levels. Royals were a mix of Colts and 2nd/3rd Grade. Steamers were close to full strength. In a side note, Ash Lefevre ran on for Royals First Grade and looked right at home.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Steamers were close to full strength. In a side note, Ash Lefevre ran on for Royals First Grade and looked right at home.

Great to see Ash get a shot at that level, particularly in a Premiership winning team. I hope he holds that spot, he's worked hard to get there.

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
I think Royals have a wrap up on their Facebook page mate. Get your Cheese and Kisses to show you how to use it.
;)
Quins won 1st Grade, apparently with a strong squad, Royals weren't at full strength.
Facebook ?!!! Struggle enough with this type of technology thanks YMS.
Aggies beat Cowra in a good game. Cowra didn't have the numbers that Aggies had, they brought a very handy #4 with them. Aggies have picked up a handy #7 and #12 which will help their cause this year. Also signed up 25 Motts.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Leeton #1 Oval will be the venue for the tournament this weekend.

8 Men's teams and 6 Women's teams in the mix. Each Men's team will play three matches and each Women's team will play two matches. No finals.

Kickoff will probably be around 9-930am, through til about 3pm I would guess.

Draw will be released tomorrow.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
With nominations not due until COB March 29 I don't know what you were expecting !!

I don't know mate. Perhaps the format, game lengths, first match start times??? Anything to help plan. Sorry for asking, feel free to disregard my posts from now on!!!

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Gee maulalltheway - your Post was on March 29 in the morning and you expected the format, game lengths & first match times - when nominations closed at COB March 29 ?
Sounds a bit Impatient to me

Status
Not open for further replies.