• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2021

Reasoning

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting read Athol- are there Competion Rules for such matters
When a team fails to have sufficient player numbers - whatever the reason . injuries, weddings, work or COVID it is a Forfeit from that Team because they couln't provide sufficient players for a Game .
It doesn't appear that City & Albury ever agreed on a deferred playing date so it just should have been a Forfeit from them (Albury)
Hopefully it won't have any effect on the Final Ladder but is indeed an odd situation

Reasoning

Allen Oxlade (6)
Final selections and post for the season
Moving onto Greener Pastures with work and looking forward to the Rugby further up North

Albury v Griffith - Albury 10 +
WAC v Tumut - Tumut have to win to keep their Final's chance alive - Tumut 8+
City v Reddies- City 35 + and Premiers by 20+

Good luck to all the Clubs for the rest of the season and look forward to seeing the results on Rugby Explorer

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
All the best with the move Reasoning.

Albury v Griffith - should be match of the round ( hopefully its streamed!!) and will have a major bearing on the 3/4 position on the ladder. At home for Albury its hard to go past them. But Griffith have traveled well lately and are starting to play some good footy. I think this will be a tight one . Albury1-12

WAC v Tumut - I dont know what to make of this . Tumut should win this but there is a nagging doubt in my head . i just worry that Tumut wont be able to really put Aggies away. Tumut 1-12

City v Reddies - Its a big day with our multicultural day and with the sensational Indigenous jerseys being worn. We have a near full strength side back as well. City 13 +

In the girls - Albury, Aggies , City & Tahs

paul bristow

Darby Loudon (17)
Thought Blacks were lucky to get as close as they did to Waratahs when they last played but yesterday Blacks were clearly better than Steamers. Watched the stream. How good was the ref. That guy is very good. Don’t entirely agree with you Athol. Blacks improving. They are getting more consistency in terms of getting the same team on the paddock & will keep on getting better. Don’t write off Waratahs. They too have plenty of time to get their ducks in order.

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
I suspect there will be some interested observers of what happens now that there is a hard border between Vic and NSW again. Given the issues that occurred a few months back we may see further disruptions possibly . Hopefully not !

Good result for The Blacks in Albury. Very impressive effort . A surge from Tumut in the back end of the season may also have the steamers looking over their shoulders as well. Its not as cut and dried as suggested !

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
The forecast doesnt look good for weekend but the the games should make up for it.

The key game is Tumut v Albury . Tumut wins , then the final four scenario changes. It really is a must win game for both sides. I think Tumut can do it . Bulls 1-12
Blacks should account for Reddies i think. Reddies are triers but Blacks have too much firepower and should rattle up some points at home . Griffith by 25 plus
Aggies V City . A wet track could play a bit of a bearing on this. Aggies work at the break down and tenacious attitude will make hard work for City , slowing us down as much as possible. City 13 plus

Womens games : Albury , Tahs ,Blacks & City

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
I saw some pictures of Twickenham 2 and it looked like it was a rice paddy not a rugby ground . If that was the standard , what did Jarrah look like ??

Some seriously ordinary weather on Saturday, kudos to all the teams involved. Especially the Aggies and City girls that had to slog it out in a complete mud heap of a ground ! Classic rugby weather !

paul bristow

Darby Loudon (17)
Is my maths right Athol? If Rd 9 Blacks v Steamers resulted in a Griffith win instead of a draw would your predictions end up with Bulls & Steamers ending the season level on points? I ask the question again, what was the end result of the situation regarding the kicking out penalty in that game? Silence is deafening. Was the decision deemed as an accidental mistake?

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
Is my maths right Athol? If Rd 9 Blacks v Steamers resulted in a Griffith win instead of a draw would your predictions end up with Bulls & Steamers ending the season level on points? I ask the question again, what was the end result of the situation regarding the kicking out penalty in that game? Silence is deafening. Was the decision deemed as an accidental mistake?

I reckon you'd need to find the big bit of carpet that it was swept under to get the answer to that !

My tips for this week ?
Tahs by lots against Albury. I think the ongoing border shenanigans, unclear bubbles and player reluctance is going to hit Albury hard. I seriously doubt there will be 2's or womens games this week again.

Griffith to rattle up some points against Aggies at home . Word is that The Blacks rested a few last week. I expect at least a 25 point margin in this game.

Reddies will rattle the Bulls cage at the slosh pit that is Beres Ellowood Oval . But Bulls will pull away and win that , adding to there final four charge. With Alburys ongoing issues , the confidence in Tumut would be rising !

In the girls Reddies, Leeton, Tahs & Griffith .

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
Good results for Tumut and Griffith on weekend. Got the job done in what was another weekend of trying conditions.

I do have a great deal of understanding for Albury and their situation , i am also concerned that the nature of the comp is being skewed by the scoreless draws. Its not affecting the top of the ladder in either 1's or 2's but it is affecting the 3 v 4 battles in all grades bar 3's.

I hope Albury plays but i cant see it happening.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Hey peeps, I’ve been pretty quiet on the footy front lately but just wanted to shout out to Dylan Pietsch’s effort in the Olympics, not the result we would have hoped for for him and the team, but what a bloody dream for a young fella from Leeton. Well done to Dylan, Troy and the family!

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
Steamers back this week apparently. Good on them for having a dig. How long its feasible is the next question. With semis coming up and the sydney situation getting worse how does that stack up ? Cant see chairman dan backing down on bubbles and borders if sydney cant get it together !

City to win this week 13 + . Its the clubs 70th anniversary game and should be a big day.

Steamers to win in a tight one. Tahs to win in a tight one.

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
That was some certainly some interesting results in games played over the weekend . The Tumut Bulls would have drunk the Royal near dry on saturday night ! There was certainly a cheer from both sides at Connolly when that result was read out !
As for the City v Griffith game , it was a bloody good contest despite the blowout in margin at the backend. Griffith are the real deal. The forwards really have that punch now with latu at 8 . I was impressed with them . I think they can go all the way to the GF if they keep that style of play up.
Now, one of the dynamics of a scuffle is that its needs a catalyst and then a reaction. The on field banter and physicality was particulary high when Griffith scored both those tries in the first half. We are definitely not blameless , but the old rule of life is that it takes 2 to tango.

Looking forward to maybe going to Albury. Who knows what this next 5 days brings ?

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
Well as many privately predicted , the comp has shrunk to 6 first grade teams for the balance of the season. Bummer of a way to end a season for the steamers and i do feel for the players and coaches. But the moment chairman dan took wagga out of the border bubble it was all over bar the shouting i think.

What does that mean ? Tumut get a crack - which to be fair they probably deserve. They look to have taken massive strides in the last 6 weeks . Being drawn to play both City and Tahs 3 times did not do them any favours either.

My five cents worth on this weekend ?

Grifiith to roll Tahs . They were impressive against us last week. I think they can do it.
Aggies v Reddies ? No idea ! I'll take reddies purely because they need a win in this tough year.

In a massive historic first the Wallabies will win at Eden park. You heard it here first !

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
Well I got that badly wrong. The $5 i paid to see a crushing tahs defeat didnt quite pan out that way ! Tahs put on quite the rugby lesson for Griffith. 2nd half was a bit scrappier but when its 52 zip at half time it doesnt really matter ?

I am told Griffith had 8 changes from the week before though. Not sure why but thats definitely not helpful in a run to the GF.

Well done Reddies on getting the win. Not the most attractive game to watch but they got the job done. You hit a great drive on the 9th and thats what makes you come back they reckon !

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
Its worth noting that Central west has awarded minor premiers in each grade the respective premierships. Now while that would benefit my club it certainly would be very hollow. So for that reason i am reluctant to follow that path. We have one asterisk ( allegedly) against us already.

Whilst I personally would love to see a result this year , its hard to see it actually happening going forward.

Athol

Peter Burge (5)
Whilst the Clubb I support will not be playing in Finals after the latest Lockdown extension I personally believe Bubba that City and the respective Minor Premiers of the other Grades should be declared 'PREMIERS' if the Finals cannot be played in time.
Why ? - well because the Competition Rounds were completed and City plus Hay (2nds), City (3rds) & Griffith (Womens) disd all the hard yards during the 16 Week Competition, Secondly, in the old days before Finals etc were thought of the Premiership was awarded to the Team with the most points at the end of the Home & Away season.Even look at the English Premier League and they still award the Premiership to the highest placed team after the H & A Matches - does anyone have a problem with that. Yes, I get the fact that upsets happen during Finals but this is not a normal season and SIRU for some reason don't want to look outside the square which C/West obviously must have done.
I really hope we do get some GFinals and City in 1st Grade repeat what they have already inflicted on Waratahs so far this year - only because they are Miles & Miles ahead of any team in this year's Competition. With Griffith now out of the running I reckon City will put 30+ on Waratahs if they play in a decider and that might even be by half time. Fingers Crossed Bubba u guys get a chance to play for the Premiership - you fully deserve one. This is my final post on this Forum - Generally only ever 2 or sometimes 3 people contributing- keep safe

Last edited:

Bubba

Ted Fahey (11)
And that was all she wrote.

If todays announcement wasnt the death knell of season 2021 then i'm not sure what else is?

A shame , and we ( City) would have loved to have won that premiership . I guess it will have an asterisk against it now !

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
And that was all she wrote.

If todays announcement wasnt the death knell of season 2021 then i'm not sure what else is?

A shame , and we ( City) would have loved to have won that premiership . I guess it will have an asterisk against it now !
It's a shame all round, but particularly for City. I would have liked to see the GF this year, 2021 was shaping up as such a good season early on, it's disappointing that it wasn't able to finish off in the same fashion.

I hope that City can keep the group of players they have in 2021 together for 2022, likewise for all the clubs. Let's hope 2022 is a full season of rugby from go to whoa!!