• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2021

centralwestrep

Frank Nicholson (4)
Early stages as we wait for the dust to settle but lets hope the likes of Albury and Leeton return to first grade in 2021. Would be fantastic to see the Hay Cutters give it another shot.
Aggies will be the big question mark as they await word on what is occurring with the uni next year.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
If we’re still in the covid era of history in 2021 why don’t we consider a home & away series with juniors & seniors combining to play on the same day. eg when Griffith play Tumut in the senior grades Griffith junior teams would play Tumut juniors. You would think City & Waratahs could work with Wagga Juniors to develop 2 junior clubs. That way when senior clubs play Reddies or Aggies those junior clubs would play each other.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
All of the above clubs were once part of Siru. They’ve moved to what they consider a better situation. Perhaps a re zoning of juniors should happen to cut down on travel & having big numbers meeting at the junior carnivals.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
All of the above clubs were once part of Siru. They’ve moved to what they consider a better situation. Perhaps a re zoning of juniors should happen to cut down on travel & having big numbers meeting at the junior carnivals.

Travel would most likely actually increase in this instance PB. It's an odd concept but while it's working, it's probably best to leave it as is.

The real danger in any change to the junior competition comes from the player registration costs that would be lost to SIRU. Interestingly, the junior competition is the larger competition based purely on player numbers and would mean a significant loss of revenue to SIRU.

centralwestrep

Frank Nicholson (4)
Sunday is the best day to play juniors. Then you only clash with AFL. Play on a Saturday and there is a clash with league and soccer. We would lose too many players if we switched to Saturday. Many kids in our region play two different winter sports on a Saturday and Sunday.
Availability of grounds would also be an issue. 4 senior games plus numerous juniors ranging from Under 6's through to Under 17 girls would be very hard to schedule at the same venue.
The concept is a great idea and may be possible with a one or two juniors games on occasions. A whole scale move to Saturday for juniors would be a negative as would be a restructure. Whilst Wagga has four senior clubs it only has one junior. A SIRU junior competition aligned alongside seniors would be quite a small event.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
The Griffith Blacks are locked in for 2021 - New Coaches and all
Ag College looking at entering 1 Team next year in the Mens Comp and that will be 2nd Grade which they will be sure to give a shake

Maybe Aggies should combine with CSU for their 50th Anniversary next year?

Joke, Jokes, Jokes. Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :) :) :)

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Blacks Coaches 1st Grade Chris McGregor / 2nd Grade Tino Kaue / Girls Lama Lolotonga. Training began last week with a good number of players (up to 40 I heard) in attendance. Blacks should have 1sts, 2nds & Girls teams in 2021 judging by what’s happening here at the moment.

centralwestrep

Frank Nicholson (4)
Have heard that a premiership winning coach is looking at a club switch next season. Will be interesting to see if this comes of and if his coaching style suits the new club.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
No red kinda cuts it down a bit ! But seeing blue has been the most common colour of Premiers its cutting the options down. A tahs (x3) coach, an albury coach, a griffith coach and a phantoms coach are the options.

I'd also heard a few league clubs had been trying to poach a few back around the traps .

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I hear City are retaining their starting XV, minus James Olds who will be doing his best to get a gig at the Loig World Cup in 2021. I hope this comes off for him, he's a quality player and deserves that wrap.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coaching stakes for 2021 in SIRU. Without knowing what the competition format will even look like next year, it's probably a little too early to be predicting this.

CSU celebrate their 50th Anniversary in 2021, no doubt there will be some good news coming out of Beres Ellwood for the occasion.

Athol

Peter Burge (5)
didn'tknow about a 2021 Forum Page
One of 'Tahs coaches apparently got shown the door and is heading to the University and he has been linked to WAC