• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2021

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
I'm not sure i should be making tips or predictions anymore ! Only got my own side right !!
Reddies will step up to the plate for the 60th anniversary no doubt . Albury will be determined to knock over the blacks at Home and Tumut will be looking to consoildate with a win over Aggies.

Womens comp seems pretty tight as well. Our girls had the loss in what was a pretty good game but there was a couple of hidings handed out as well !

Athol

Peter Burge (5)
City beat Reddies 76-0 2 weeks ago so it will be interesting to see the Final scoreline this afternoon at the Uni
50th Anniversary Day is today and hopefully the Club will put in some good performances in front of the 'Old Boys'
Aloss by less than 50 today after what City did to Waratahs last weekend will be a good effort by Reddies today
Tumut at home should beat Wagga Ag whilst I reckon Albury are the 'real deal ' this year and will take home the points from their road trip to the MIA when they play the Blacks today

Athol

Peter Burge (5)
City beat Reddies 76-0 2 weeks ago so it will be interesting to see the Final scoreline this afternoon at the Uni
50th Anniversary Day is today and hopefully the Club will put in some good performances in front of the 'Old Boys'
Aloss by less than 50 today after what City did to Waratahs last weekend will be a good effort by Reddies today
Tumut at home should beat Wagga Ag whilst I reckon Albury are the 'real deal ' this year and will take home the points from their road trip to the MIA when they play the Blacks today

A good effort by Reddies to only go down 41-10 yesterday
Griffith and Tumut both snared tight wins ( 18-13 & 15-10) over Albury & Ag College respectively
First win of the season for Griffith which should improve their confidence
Next Saturday its CSU v Griffith, Albury v Tumut & City v Ag College - Waratahs have the 1st Grade Bye
Early bird tips are Griffith, Albury & City
If anyone has a Ladder please update if possible

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Credit where credit is due , Reddies did not die wondering on saturday. They showed a lot of fight.

This weeks games ? I dont know what to make of Albury v Tumut. I think the home ground advantage and speed out wide will flip the coin towards Albury.
CSU v Griffith . Also hard. If Reddies turn up the way they did against City this will be very hard fought. I think Griffith will start to get on a roll now and rattle up win number 2.
City to get the chocolates at home against Aggies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I need to be more consistent with getting my tips in!

I reckon Albury, Griffith and City will get the chocolates in 1st Grade.

Home ground advantage will be important for the Steamers, Griffith should get the W against Reddies for me and City deserve the favourites tag in 2021.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Last post until after the season is over and hoping for some type of normality to return the the Comp & Draws in the future

Whats normality ? A comp where everyone has 3 grades and a womens for a perfect 32 game weekend every week for 16 home and away games ? As much as i'd like to see that , it s not going to happen. Do we hang Deni & Hay out so we can have a neat little 7 team first grade and second grade comp ? I dont like the structure of the comp either but its what we got and we need to make the most of it in order to grow the game.

It was a strange comp last year , but we played. Its a strange comp this year and chances are it will be that again next year.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Why in the high heavens are we talking about this again.

It is what it is. The clubs from all reports were significantly more interested in not splitting grades then how many byes they had.

How hard is it for this to sink in.

Can we not talk about some of the great performances we’re seeing. Both moments and games as a whole.
Watching Fetongi carry the reddies on his own back, Dylan Macs ball running in space at outside centre, Darryl Hemopos amazing ball carrying, lachie Ramms heart and effectiveness for a small guy, Andy Maddens versatility for Griffith, not to mention the rugby Griffith and Albury are playing in the ladies 10s.

We have more then enough great moments around here to waste time and energy complaining about things that only seem to bother a select few here.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
If I wasnt drinking a can and proffering advice to City 2's from the Hill this saturday , I'd be very keen to see the Albury v Tahs game . I do hear that Tahs have gained a few reinforcements but Albury just seem to have an extra leg at Murrayfield. Hopefully its on Bar TV .Or will the quality commentary from Troy & Mick be offered again on youtube ? Great stuff anyway in getting the game covered.

Tumut will knock over Reddies and I suspect Griffith will have way to much for Aggies to pull off a win. Griffith seem to be underperforming a little at the moment but think they will grow into the season.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Of course people are going to continue to talk about the draw Mauler. It’s a difficult situation. My opinion is that I don’t believe Leeton should be in 3rds. Also don’t think we should be having all these byes in 1st grade so we can include Hay & Deni in 2nds. Will miss Whistle’s posts in 2021.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Yes, got to say that i was surprised by that score out of Albury . Tahs obviously getting some troops back and hitting some form. Griffith made pretty hard work of putting Aggies away and there was stages of that game that I thought Aggies might get the W!

Gutsy effort by Tumut playing half a game down to 13 as well and still getting a runaway win. I'm not sure what reddies do from here?
Good weekend of local rugby !

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
My 5 cents worth for this weekend !
City over Griffith - cant really go against myself can I ? Griffith will hit form soon I believe . They've got a fair sort of roster and do need to start getting consistent wins if they want to threaten in august. I think we will get home but it will be tight.

Tahs to roll Tumut . As much as that hurts to say,i think Tumuts suspensions and Tahs rise to form will see them get beaten at Connolly. Tumut are going to be there when the whips are cracking dont worry - you dont beat 15 man sides with 13 by being a poor rugby side.

Looking forward to the games already !

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
My 5 cents worth for this weekend !
City over Griffith - cant really go against myself can I ? Griffith will hit form soon I believe . They've got a fair sort of roster and do need to start getting consistent wins if they want to threaten in august. I think we will get home but it will be tight.

Tahs to roll Tumut . As much as that hurts to say,i think Tumuts suspensions and Tahs rise to form will see them get beaten at Connolly. Tumut are going to be there when the whips are cracking dont worry - you dont beat 15 man sides with 13 by being a poor rugby side.

Looking forward to the games already !

It'll be a tough weekend of footy this weekend, cold but clear day on Saturday should make for some good exchanges.

I'd tip City over Griffith but the Blacks will fight hard at home and could roll City if they get their tails up. City need to grind those games out and solidify those team elements also.

Tahs too good for Tumut in front of about a million Premiership reunions.

No idea who to tip in the Ten's :)

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Good , tough game of footy at Griffith on saturday. No quarter asked or given. And while the flow of the game was slowed by the copious use of the whistle at times , it was a pretty high standard game. Griffith have the makings of a decent side - if they get it all together they will be a genuine contender.Most pleasing from the City aspect was the to zero scoreline.

Watched a snippet of the Tahs v Tumut game , and Tahs look to be very much back on song and in form. A couple of their first half tries were crackers. Cant wait for that rematch !

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
And we get closer to the midway point of the season!
City will get the points against Albury this saturday , but it wont be one way traffic. Albury will be fresh and looking for a big bounce back from their last start. Wins on the road help that fight for position 3 and 4 on the table .Very much looking forward to some quality tweets this week !
Tahs will get the points in Tumut but i think it will be a much tighter game up there than what it was at Connolly. Tumut need bonus points at the very least.
The uni will see a fierce clash , but Aggies have to go into that as favourites i feel .Reddies have all the go in them but need points and they just dont seem to be able to do that.

Strong squad named for the Rep weekend. Im comfortable with SIRU getting the 10th straight !

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
This is not a SIRU rep squad. This side that has been selected should be renamed the Wagga Invitational. 19 out of the 25 available places have gone to Wagga based clubs. Albury & Tumut only have 2. Siru hates criticism. Why do this?

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
This is not a SIRU rep squad. This side that has been selected should be renamed the Wagga Invitational. 19 out of the 25 available places have gone to Wagga based clubs. Albury & Tumut only have 2. Siru hates criticism. Why do this?

Really ? Its a nominations based selection . To get picked you have to nominate. If you nominate and there is a better qualified or skilled player , you dont get picked.Tell me , who would you have picked over some of those players selected? Ive spoken to the rep coach about a few of our guys that didnt get selected, he gave me his reasoning, and while i didnt totally agree, it is his perogative to pick the best players he sees from the NOMINATED list. Thats how selections work in a system like this.

15 of the 25 are from the two clubs that have not lost a game to any of the clubs below them ( based on this years ladder) in the last 2 years . I think thats a pretty justified way of looking at it perhaps ?

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Does anyone know Why didn't Albury & City swap venues this Weekend with all the COVID DRamas and play in Albury tomorrow ?

Valid point and a fair question. But seeing the Steamers were indicating that due to the nature of the lockdown there numbers would be dramatically affected regardless of hwere the game was played. From what i can gather , NSW residents can travel to and from Wodonga freely. However they cant do the reverse. Essentially , if your a Victorian resident , youre going nowhere till next friday at least.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Really Bubba. 15/25 from 2 clubs. 4 from another club that has only been able to beat the hapless Reddies this year. You blokes are cracking jokes aren’t you. It shouldn’t be the SIRU Rep side because the SIRU Rep side would be representative of SIRU wouldn’t it.