• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2021

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Really Bubba. 15/25 from 2 clubs. 4 from another club that has only been able to beat the hapless Reddies this year. You blokes are cracking jokes aren’t you. It shouldn’t be the SIRU Rep side because the SIRU Rep side would be representative of SIRU wouldn’t it.

Pick the phone up. You’ve been given the number.
Or is it easier to slander blokes on here

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Gee PB You have lit the fuse on the Rep Team
Mauler wants a call for 'Slandering' but I'm try to work out who u slandered
All Mauler has to do is list the players who made themselves "UNAVAIABLE" and a fairer assessment of the Rep Team can be made
I'm still backing SIRU to win the title

Rep doesn’t and has never worked that way.
Players nominate themselves then a side is selected from those nominations.

I’m not sure how many times this needs to be said.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
The point is Athol, Mauler & Nick know a lot more about players across Siru than I do. Hence my position on the tipping comp. % wise the Rep side is comprised of City 36%, Tahs 24%, Aggies 16%, Steamers 8%, Bulls 8%, Blacks 4%, Phantoms 4%. I’ll leave it at that. I’m not going to post about this again as it’s obvious Rep is, and has seemingly been for a long time, a controversial issue.

Old Fart

Stan Wickham (3)
Reddies really threw that one away yesterday - controlled the game for most of the 80 minutes but couldn't see out the final few minutes.

Was a good old fashioned uni derby not seen for a few years. I think that Aggies found the composure to win late, after they gave Reddies plenty of chances to stay in the game. Anyway I think the fans of both clubs would of enjoyed the suspense of a close game.
Good to see the old heads of Cam Duffy, Will Whitely and Matt Harris out there for Aggies, they will definitely help the club reverse some close losses as they move into the 2nd half of the season.

Hot tip for Saturday; Tumut to leave the sprinklers on all week at Jarrah Oval to turn it into forwards fest to contain that City backline.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Nope ! I know as much as the next bloke about that catch up game ! I did have a good day on the punt and drink though ...

I think with 9 out for rep and it being a scheduled bye we werent really ever going to be able to play on the long weekend - and to be blunt its a bit unfair for people to drop everything for a catch up game .When they come up with a solution to it all , I will be more than happy to accomodate it.

City over Tumut - flood or no flood on Jarrah! Tahs to dust reddies up and Griffith to over power Albury.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Question? Griffith v Albury game. Right near the end of the game Albury knock on, near the sideline. Griffith player lightly punts ball over sideline. Ball travels a couple of metres. Instead of scrum Griffith decision is Albury penalty. Is that the correct decision? From ensuing play Albury score & kick goal to draw match. Great fight back from Steamers. Just couldn’t understand the ref’s decision on that last play.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Yeah thanks Reasoning have a look. The ref was very definite in his signalling. Just something I haven’t seen before. Could be a new addition to the rugby rule book. Like we need more rules in our game.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Well what do you make of the ref’s signalling Reasoning? He’s definitely signalling a kicking motion, as a reason for the penalty. What’s going on here? Athol, Mauler, Bubba, Sam?

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Well what do you make of the ref’s signalling Reasoning? He’s definitely signalling a kicking motion, as a reason for the penalty. What’s going on here? Athol, Mauler, Bubba, Sam?

Without knowing what he said re the PK it’s hard to judge it.
On the vision it doesn’t look good.
I showed a Shute shield referee and he mentioned that there is no law to prevent kicking into touch to end a game. Throwing or passing yes but not for kicking. His comment was that’s an error and let’s hope it doesn’t happen again. But reiterated that without knowing exactly what the PK was for, lack or audio, it’s hard to judge.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
When does the SIRU Rep team play next Weekend ? - Do they play on the Saturday and Sunday or just on the Saturday ?
A timetable would be appreciated

2 50 minute games on Saturday.
Play Monaro at about 1pm and south coast at about 3:30.

Big day planned with the SIRU under 12,14 and 16s playing also against combined South coast Monaro rep sides in prep for their rep carnival and SIRU city be SITu country in the ladies game also.

All happening at ANU north oval

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Morning all and sundry.
I did see that incident on the livestream and also checked the law book. Seeing that the Albury team kicked the ball out deliberately off a 22m restart at half time it makes it seem a very tough call on Griffith for doing much the same thing at full time.
From Griffiths viewpoint, I'd be feeling very hard done by in this instance. Whilst i hope it was a mistake ( and they happen), it could make a huge difference in Griffiths final four run. Instead of picking up 5 they walk away with 3 points From Alburys viewpoint - they've just dodged a monster bullet by picking up 3 points instead of none.Thats the ramifications of a simple mistake.

On a very positive note !! Well done to Tumut on their Indigenous Round on saturday. It was a pleasure to be a part of the day. The smoking ceremony, the ground and the jerseys were a credit to the club. Well done and set a great standard. The auction afterwards , well i think i got stitched !

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Never been a fan of our rep situation. No ones fault, just that Waratahs own 90% of the state. Credit due to those responsible for making Siru Rep as good as it can be. Adding Juniors & Ladies a great innovation. Looks an enjoyable/interesting day at ANU north oval.

centralwestrep

Frank Nicholson (4)
The traditional Country Week carnival occurs in Tamworth this weekend for NSW Country zones. One could argue that this event would be a better and more challenging format for the SIRU rep team. However, alignment with the Brumbies has seen the zone excluded form this event except for one off appearance 5 or 6 years ago.
The ability to put mens, womens and juniors together this week is an excellent idea.
The Southern States carnival the juniors participate in during the July school holidays is far more ideal than the NSW junior championships. This carnival sees SIRU playing against Central West, South Coast Monaro, South Australia, Tasmania and Northern Territory over two days.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Never been a fan of our rep situation. No ones fault, just that Waratahs own 90% of the state. Credit due to those responsible for making Siru Rep as good as it can be. Adding Juniors & Ladies a great innovation. Looks an enjoyable/interesting day at ANU north oval.

Pretty sure there has been a Brumbies Provincial team for the past few years that has played against the likes of the Australian Police, NSW Country & maybe the Australian Army teams?

This year I think they are playing Brumbies Metro and from that a team will be selected to play in the Australian Rugby Sield in Adelaide later in the year.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Not a howler Athol. An invention of a rule to create a penalty. Albury deliberately kick out to end halftime from 22 restart. No issue. How can anybody ask these guys questions? Players attempted to ask the obvious question at the moment but ref just waved them away.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
The Blacks deserve at least an apology from the Ref, the Refs Association or even SIRU ( don't like your chances of either of them happening) or at the very least an Explanation as to why the on - field decision ( Penalty) was made at the time so that Everyone can move on

I completely agree with everything you say apart from asking SIRU to apologise. They had no input in the scenario so it’s no fault of theirs.

A simple mea culpa probably sees this dealt with.

However. From what I’ve heard things are going down very differently. Time will tell I suppose

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
I take on board what you are saying but SIRU is the overall body in charge of having Referees appointed each Weekend although the Refs assoc does the appointments - as I stated it won't happen but probably should

Good Luck to all the Rep Teams this Saurday in Canberra ( Mens, Womens & Juniors)

Perhaps an apology from ACT rugby and Rugby AU while we’re at it. They overarch SIRU.

This sits on the referee and the referee association. Simple as that

The zone doesn’t do every thing right but this time nothing they have done has caused this. We can blame them for lots but not this.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Everyone knows Siru does a great job, as does Ref’s Association. Nobody needs apologies. At the end of the season if Griffith & Albury are close on the points ladder there could be some complaining from Blacks. Siru’s other problem is the ref? What happened wasn’t a mistake, it was deliberate. The ref will need support from both Siru & the Ref’s Association.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Alrighty , now that we've finished the annual rep kicking lets get back to business !

Interesting round , and potentially lop sided scores on the cards .
Albury v Reddies - Reddies forwards will give them a shake but Steamers have to much pace & will cause problems out wide. Steamers by 25 +
Aggies v Tahs - I reckon this might be a lot closer than many think. Aggies have a fair bit of go in them but Tahs size and skill will win the day. Tahs 13+
City v Tumut - we have a couple out this week but fortunately have a bye in 2's . This will be a lot closer than last start. City Head to Head .

I'm not one to whinge about the draw but you have to feel for Tumut . They've played the top 2 sides 4 games running now. And realistically another loss on the weekend would near end their season . Thats a real tough break.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Well done to Harriet Elleman, Claudia Obst and Apryll Green on their selection in the Brumbies XV this weekend. A great effort from all of them! Well done girls!