• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v Wallabies, Loftus Versfeld, Sun 9th Jul 1.05am AEST

Overtime

Herbert Moran (7)
Best comment all night from Aussie commentators. There are some positives in this we just have to find them.

Mr Arie

Herbert Moran (7)
Carter Gordon, Hollaway, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase), Ryan Lonergan, Bell, Tupou, Two new second rowers but not sure who and Gleeson to come in. Out Skelton, Frost, Cooper, M Hooper, White, Vunivalu, Two reserve props, Ulesese (Sorry cyclops for misspelling his name).
I thought white was decent tonight. His kicking game was immense but not capitalised on with any real chase or counter rucking.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
Carter Gordon, Hollaway, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase), Ryan Lonergan, Bell, Tupou, Two new second rowers but not sure who and Gleeson to come in. Out Skelton, Frost, Cooper, M Hooper,
Carter Gordon, Hollaway, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase), Ryan Lonergan, Bell, Tupou, Two new second rowers but not sure who and Gleeson to come in. Out Skelton, Frost, Cooper, M Hooper, White, Vunivalu, Two reserve props, Ulesese (Sorry cyclops for misspelling his name).
Lol. We’ll be picking blokes from subbies with the way you’re going.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
And who's a proven test right now? At least he's a Super Rugby/European Rugby/Top 14 champion. He's not an useless Super Rugby player like Reece Hodge
Congrats to Will Skelton for winning a club comp. How that excuses his poor performance I’m not sure

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Mate - it doesn't matter if it went backwards. You can't knock the ball down like that.
Look - it’s a non issue in the scheme of things. You can - it cost the Wallabies a try against Wales a couple of years ago. The rule is you can’t deliberately knock the ball on, not down.

I’m quibbling with you on this because the game was horrid and I have nothing else.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Congrats to Will Skelton for winning a club comp. How that excuses his poor performance I’m not sure
A long season maybe. He was playing grand finals against Leinster and Toulouse few weeks ago meanwhile all Super Rugby players were on holidays

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well that was always a possibility with a team missing a number of starters, a number of guys having very little recent rugby and a short build up with Eddie all thrown in to the Pretoria cauldron.

To start with plug Bell and Philip into that tight 5 (plus Tupou on the bench) and sort out the back row balance. Valetini is a 6 playing 8, and Michael Hooper looks an absolute shadow of the player he once was - you have to seriously consider going with McReight now.

Much better for Carter Gordon to have that 12 minute debut than have his confidence wrecked if he had started that game.

Libbok at 10 for the Boks looks like an absolute superstar. So impressive.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Quade will come out with some philosophical bullshit on his instagram to explain this abysmal performance. Hes a flat track bully - the last bloke you’d want on your side when the going gets tough. The kiwis must be laughing at us with him at 10.
The sad thing about it is he's still an option at 35 cause RA couldn't produce a proper fly-half in a while