• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) 2022 - NZ & Drua matches with no match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Be interesting to see when game gets played, not cancelled and just postponed, I guessing it will depend how many other games get postponed etc.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ both have a bye in Round 9, maybe it'll get played then? Preferable to sooner but mid-week I'd have thought.

TJP out for up to a month:

I wonder if he has to stay in the bubble or can he return home if he's no chance of playing?

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Long range forecast looks like rain in store for Chiefs-Highlanders next Saturday.

Crusaders-Hurricanes under the roof won't have such concerns.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
With country going to stage 2 of covid MP (Moana Pasifika) will be able to cut isolation times to 7 days, so maybe back next week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Don't know mate. Not even sure when there isolation time started!Anyway it's opening week of Super and my Rugby News was delivered today, so I sitting here reading again about our squads in NZ and salivating.
It's hard to look at negative things today!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway, my preseason reading of Rugby News is not helping. They picking Blues to win Super Pacific, and when you read the team etc etc you think Yep, no doubt!!
Then you Read chiefs and you think , by christ they a bloody good looking team, may need to avoid too many injuries, but a bloody good pack etc.
Anyway then you read Crusaders team and you go f*** me , this is too bloody confusing!
I still think Clan maybe the decider, who they upste etc!!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1645046420311.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs: Emoni Narawa, Shaun Stevenson, Alex Nankivell, Quinn Tupaea, Jonah Lowe, Josh Ioane, Xavier Roe, Pita Gus Sowakula, Sam Cane (cc), Luke Jacobson, Brodie Retallick, Laghlan McWhannell, Sione Mafileo, Bradley Slater, Ollie Norris. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Atu Moli, Angus Ta’avao, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Kaylum Boshier, Brad Weber (cc), Bryn Gatland, Chase Tiatia

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Billy Proctor, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Wes Goosen, Ruben Love, Jamie Booth, Ardie Savea (captain), Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Justin Sangster, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Asafo Aumua, Pouri Rakete-Stones. Reserves: Jacob Devery, Xavier Numia, Ben May, Reed Prinsep, Brayden Iose, Richard Judd, Jackson Garden-Bachop, Bailyn Sullivan.

Crusaders: Will Jordan, George Bridge, Braydon Ennor, David Havili, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Fergus Burke, Bryn Hall, Cullen Grace, Tom Christie, Pablo Matera, Sam Whitelock, Scott Barrett (c), Oli Jager, Brodie McAlister, Joe Moody. Reserves: Shilo Klein, George Bower, Tamaiti Williams, Quinten Strange, Mitch Dunshea, Mitch Drummond, Simon Hickey, Sevu Reece.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok bloody interesting teams, a bit surprised ALB not even on bench for Chiefs, same as Lord and Vaií but no doubt it all on how trainings, preseason form etc etc are happening, Narawa is a slight surprise too. Lan as expected, they actually don't look a bad unit.
Canes are Canes pleased to see Love starting at 10, and real surprised about Snagster starting at lock, not a lot of cover for lock on bench.
Crusaders are bloody Crusaders too, shit load of good players, and obviously Sam W and Barrett earmarked to come off after 40-50 mins.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And to add, stuff all the negative buggers re super rugby, I looking forward to kick off, and the anti brigade can f*** off and sulk in the corner!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Opening 20 a bit scratchy as you'd expect first up but no lack of endeavour, once the micro-skills catch up both these teams will score plenty. Loved Nugget stripping the ball off Roe, old dog showing young pup who's still boss.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
MHunts childlike 20 metre clearances are such a liability

Chiffs lineout a huge wfT

J.Ioane's pass, so classy.

Outside backs Dawai and Narawa have been pathetic.

Synergy Watch: UNSIGHTED.

Synergy.png

gest6_zpsfc2e91a7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.