• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) 2023 General Chat

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah I dunno. I kinda reckon part of the reason journalism is so trash these days is because people refuse to pay for it (including me).
If I pay, do I have to see ads?

I have no issue with bypassing a paywall if I still have to see ads, they are getting revenue. It is also a CH9 paper, and they upped my fee for Stan and Stan Sport so I dont feel any guilt

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
This article by Cully is very relevant to discussions here

I almost think there's a reference to GAGR forums in there.
Super Rugby fans really need to hear the following: the passionate, exasperated debates you are having about the competition in pubs and online forums are exactly the same ones being held by the 12 Super Rugby Pacific clubs.
Wow, I never thought the 12 clubs would be discussing the best teams made up of criminals or the worst commentator.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
1C0C59E2-3AD1-412B-A302-AD0BE9605673.jpeg

Getting the feelers out there

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Tahs have fantastically publicly released an injury list with the injury and timeline every week and therefore which players are just not selected. Why can’t Super Rugby mandate this for every team.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was looking through the Hurricanes squad for 2023, and there's a few surprising names. Can anyone shed light on Cory Jane coming out of retirement and playing flanker?

View attachment 15951
Haha why you don't google and squad, as pictues of random names and players will come up, until you actually click on link, I did same for Reds and got Anthony Faianga, Beau Robison etc were still in pics along top :p Never quite worked out why.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The Tahs have fantastically publicly released an injury list with the injury and timeline every week and therefore which players are just not selected. Why can’t Super Rugby mandate this for every team.

becasue this would require some kind of allignment of super rugby...

NRL are the benchmark of team announcements, injury updates, centralised marketing, stats and player profile availability, and these are all mandated through participation agreements with the clubs for receiving funding. Super Rugby is an embarrasment by comparison.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Curious of peoples thoughts on the current situation with Fiji Rugby and the resulting impact on their SuperRugby team (Drua) and the womens team Super W team. They are such a great addition to our comp, but it's concerning that they appear to be in a unsustainable position.

The Drua team has made notable strides in improving their game this year and in comparison to Moana look to be heading in a positive trajectory.
Rumours and rumblings

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interested to hear Mark Robinson say why they keen on independant board for Super is so the board can work on it 12 months of the year, because as he says it only part of what board considers now and then.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jono Gibbes leaving 'canes at season end so won't be HC next year. Going home to Te Awamutu so I'm wondering if Waikato have forgiven his walkout a few years back & he'll soon be announced in a Mooloo or Tribe role.