• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers v Brumbies Qualifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Just with regard to the Speight ruling and the debate in the previous posts. I disagree with the verdict on Skelton and a few others this year. I am concerned as well that ALL matter before SANZAR have resulted in guilty verdicts and no appeal has been upheld. Anytime that a judiciary brings in a 1005 conviction rate has me worried in any forum.

Now all that said all I want is consistency. so in that vein why wasn't the Highlander's player from this shot identified and suspended for 4 to 6 weeks, - 2 weeks for clean record + 2 weeks for deterrence.

View attachment 6566

Clearly lifting the legs and driving the player into the ground head first. Head clearly making contact with the ground first.

I'd like to see the video of this just so I can see how the Tah player got there given where the ruck seems to be formed?!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'd like to see the video of this just so I can see how the Tah player got there given where the ruck seems to be formed?!
Do it matter if the player is inverted and dumped on his head. I was led to believe after the penalty to Skelton there can be no mitigation for such an offence.

I call for justice and retrospective banning of this player!!!! The Tahs was robbed by the Highlanders player not being yellow/red carded.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
How does that mitigate whether he gets dropped on his head?

Do it matter if the player is inverted and dumped on his head. I was led to believe after the penalty to Skelton there can be no mitigation for such an offence.

I call for justice and retrospective banning of this player!!!! The Tahs was robbed by the Highlanders player not being yellow/red carded.

I just want to see the video.

Honestly, looking at where the Highlanders player's arm is, I'm wondering how the hell he got in that position?!?

Did the Highlander really lift the Tah player from his hammy and then lift him high enough to get him fully upside down like that?!?

It's not really too much to ask to see a video before throwing down a judgement is it?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Honestly, looking at where the Highlanders player's arm is, I'm wondering how the hell he got in that position?!?

Did the Highlander really lift the Tah player from his hammy and then lift him high enough to get him fully upside down like that?!?

It's not really too much to ask to see a video before throwing down a judgement is it?

Compare with Henry Speight and then see if your question has merit. De Jongh was running towards the tackle from the Brumbies side and Henry cleaned him out with a sideways toss, not a lift at all. But the judiciary has ruled it met the definition of a dangerous tacj]kle because he De Jongh landed head first. There is no way Coltman's clean out doesn't meet that definition established by the judiciary, and in fact could easily be argued was worse than Speights because Coltman actually did lift the Tahs player involved.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Compare with Henry Speight and then see if your question has merit. De Jongh was running towards the tackle from the Brumbies side and Henry cleaned him out with a sideways toss, not a lift at all. But the judiciary has ruled it met the definition of a dangerous tacj]kle because he De Jongh landed head first. There is no way Coltman's clean out doesn't meet that definition established by the judiciary, and in fact could easily be argued was worse than Speights because Coltman actually did lift the Tahs player involved.

...and is still in contact with the Tahs player and appears to be driving after the head/shoulders have contacted the ground.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

The footage on RugbyHQ last night was far from conclusive but it didn't look flash. I'd say Coltman is VERY lucky to be playing this week.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Status
Not open for further replies.