• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2021

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy got 1/4 in Div 4. Yikes.

Div 5 and 6? Picked it like a nose, with some very close scorelines in there.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hearing some bad things out of the Rams camp.
Players not turning up to training.
Higher grades coaches not having their plans played as players rebel against them.
Lack of support from players.
A huge divide in the club.
The wins over Lindfield might mask the problems temporarily but the club might not survive the year.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Hearing some bad things out of the Rams camp.
Players not turning up to training.
Higher grades coaches not having their plans played as players rebel against them.
Lack of support from players.
A huge divide in the club.
The wins over Lindfield might mask the problems temporarily but the club might not survive the year.

And if we go back a couple of years, allegedly the Rams first grade coach punched a player at Epping Hotel.

Welcome Woody, you must have read the forum rules where you can only post rumours and innuendo.

Don’t believe everything you hear.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Div 2

Epping vs NEWPORT: Rams supposedly in turmoil? Lets see as they face the Breakers whom are building nicely into their season with a clean sweep against BOBS/Mosman last week. Newport backs up and down form should still see them get over the RAMS if they see themselves to be playing finals footy this year. Breakers by 13+ Lower grade scores could be cricket like.

UNSW vs St Pats: MOTR, this game should be a cracker and will go with the St Pats forwards to dominate and secure a tight win. Pats by 10

Hunters vs Hills: Hills were thrashed by UNSW last week, and I expect another mauling this week. Hunters 25+

Old Barker vs Lindfield: this will be a high scoring encounter but see Old Barker getting over the top through the forwards against Lindfield. BOBs by 13+

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
DIVISION 4:
Saints v Savers - not that far to drive for Savers who slayed the giant slayers last weekend. Expect them to continue the run against Saints who were a bit short on numbers at Oatley last week.
Renegades v Canterbury - we should be back to nearly fully personnel in Firsts at least.
Mac Uni v Oysters - it'll be fairly comprehensive unless Mac Uni's defense stifles Harbour.
Redfield v Oatley - ROBs will be looking to bounce back from a narrow loss at home last week. In fact both their losses have been at home, and all 3 wins away!

DIVISION 5:
Merrylands v Balmain - Wolves with too much.
Forces v Dukes - both teams looking for their first win of the year. Could be a good game but I'll back Dukes. Just.
Menai v Sea Lice - Menai at home are a different beast. The Lice will be hungover from the victory over Burraneer last Saturday.
Burraneer v Irish - while the Irish were impressive in their win over Menai, Burraneer will be seething they let The Grudge Match slip.

DIVISION 6:
Chatswood v Covies - the stags got a lesson last week. Covies missed the choccies last week by a kick. Going Covies again after they walloped Chatswood in Round 1
Maccabi v Kings Old Boys - KOBs to have just a bit too much for Maccabi
Wakehurst v Brothers - the heavyweight clash. This will be a ding-dong battle for supremacy on the Meldrum Cup ladder. Wakehurst's defence is the story, conceding only 5 points per game since Brothers pumped them in Round 1.

Old mate 11

Bob McCowan (2)
DIVISION 3 TIPS

Old Iggies v Beecroft
1sts: Beecroft by 3
2nds: Iggies by 12
Colts: Beecroft by 7
3rds: Iggies by 10

Match of the round between two heavyweights. Calling the day to be pretty even with some returning 1sts players to get Beecroft over the line in 1sts

Raptors vs Briars

1sts: Raptors by 15
2nds: Raptors by 30
Colts: Raptors by 24
3rds: Raptors by 12

Briars to put up a fight but ultimately fall to an inform Raptors club

Quins vs Hawkesbury Ag

1sts: Quins by 15
2nds: Quins by 24
Colts: Easts by 35
3rds: Quins by 18

Not going to be any easier for the Ag boys after getting crushed at home. Quins to regain some confidence after close losses last week

Blacktown vs Hawkesbury Valley

1sts: Valley by 9
2nds: Valley by 7
3rds: Valley by 20 if Blacktown don’t forfeit

Should be a cracker in Glenwood this Saturday. Ultimately expect Valley to keep up their good form

Sanka

Frank Row (1)
I don't know whats happening in 3rd division, this has been the worst year I have been involved in subbies rugby.

Last week in the Beecroft vs Blacktown game a Blacktown player in 1st grad picked up a bottle and threatened the sideline during the game. Blacktowns sideline came over and their second grade hooker attacked 2 women, pushing one and attempting to headbutt another, really disgusting behaviour. Almost all families left straight away after feeling unsafe.

Now this weekend I've seen footage of the Briars vs Raptors game that got cancelled after a sideline member from Raptors punched an old man.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tipping this round:

Div 4 - 75% after Saints pulled a bit of an upset. Red card to Savers the difference?
Div 5 - 75% with Irish over the Hammerheads.
Div 6 - 2 from 3 with Covies letting me down.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
That video from today is disgusting and Raptors must be kicked out of the comp by Monday or there will be a revolt in Div 3.

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)
I just saw the footage now - absolutely horrible, and those responsible MUST be charged by the police and held totally accountable. I do sincerely hope that the older Briars supporter is ok, he appeared to be knocked out before he hit the ground. This situation is serious enough, if he sustains long-term injuries as a result of this incident, god help the perpetrator.

The footage I saw showed what appeared to be a raptors supporter, not a player. Were players involved? The footage was not clear on this...

And it is an interesting read of all the comments below that footage in YT

So lets say that Raptors ably assist Subbies (and the police) with the aftermath, and the perps are identified and dealt with. I assume Raptors will apologise to all and sundry, and state that this type of incident will never happen again, etc etc. blah blah blah..

Moving forward, what assurances can Raptors give all the other clubs in Div 3 (and Subbies) that this won't happen again, in either matches, or on the sidelines?

You know what, there is none, and to be quite frank - other clubs in Div 3 - who are next in line to play the Raptors, would be placing their players - and officials, and spectators - in a high risk situation, and potential harms way - and just on that fact alone, Raptors should be removed from the comp...

I have been officiating for some time now, and there have been similar situations occur over the years - Subbies, NSW Rugby, and Tim will come down hard on all of those involved. At the very least, there will not be a game against Raptors next weekend, and possibly the next, as I am sure the deliberations regarding those involved will take time to uncover - especially so if the police are involved, and charges are laid.

Its a real shame - they were playing good rugby, and they were successfully building as a club - but the drums had been beating for some time now with their on field behaviour, and it appears to have spilled over to the sidelines.

If racism is the cause of this incident, then that also needs to be severely dealt with. There is no place for that rubbish abuse in our game - but dealing with it using physical violence is worse.

I hope Blacktown take serious note of what will eventually happen to Raptors, as they will be next in the firing line unless they control themselves too

Enough is enough, all of this sideline and on field thuggery - across all grades and all divisions - must stop. I do hope that Subbies quickly instils even harsher penalties for this type of behaviour, and communicates it to all clubs and Divisions, ASAP.

g00gle

Banned
I know from previous weeks that the judiciary have been handing down harsher punishments this year for on-field incidents and ill-discipline, i.e. 1 player a year banned from Briars for punching, a few getting higher end punishments. Prior to this week Raptors were legitimate contenders in all grades and colts. Unsure whether they deserve to continue after this.[/quote]

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
The video is very disturbing. The Raptors club if they already haven’t should have until 3.00pm today to identify to police individual. I’m not suggesting he is a player but regardless he was there to watch someone and someone within their club can identify him.

I hope the elderly man is not seriously hurt and the culprit will be looking at some serious jail time.

If the Raptors don’t cooperate they need to be banned, including all players for life. That should generate the handing over of the cowards details promptly to police.

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)
The video is very disturbing. The Raptors club if they already haven’t should have until 3.00pm today to identify to police individual. I’m not suggesting he is a player but regardless he was there to watch someone and someone within their club can identify him.

Reading the comments section of this youtube video, it appears this grub has already been partially identified....

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
It's about time the thuggery of some sides in the subbies comp is bought to light, albeit it disgusting circumstances. Above all else, players and spectators have the right to feel safe when participating in the game, be it on the field or on the sidelines. The higher ups need to make an example of the Raptors following what happened yesterday, and I fully support the strongest action possible in response to the disgusting behaviour of some individuals.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
The Raptors vs Briars colts crowd brawl and disgraceful cowardly attack have been picked up by the media. I just saw the story on Seven. The story suggests police are still trying to identify the attacker. I find it very hard to believe that the Raptors cannot identify this person. I go back to my original comment. Tim Richards gives them a deadline to provide to police this cowards details or they are gone, period. That club, players, everyone. Tough but the only way to get justice for a 60 year old man king hit by someone facing jail.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Still no detail on what started the brawl. Clearly it must have started on the field and spewed into the crowd as you can hear the Ref blowing his whistle continuously. Weren’t Briars colts involved in a brawl with Iggies a couple of weeks ago?

National television I say would be considered bringing the game into disrepute. The DIV 3 comp may look very different by weeks end.

g00gle

Banned
Streams were taken down from clutch on Saturday evening but from what I’ve heard and the video looks like Raptors have spilt over into the briars support area, hence the briars supporters in the video. Not too sure what started it but sure doesn’t look good for both teams at the moment. Div 3 colts could possibly be down to 5 teams very soon