• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
What about the team sheets?

Im not sure how you stack First grade? Isnt stacking by its nature designed to allow higher grade players to qualify for lower grade comps come finals time? Im not close to it but I think they were expecting a return from injury and they pulled out late. Other than an oversight I cant see any malcious or "sinister" outcome. I'll let the conspiracy theorists run with this one as I'm none the wiser.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Only other thing I can think is getting the 2 Rounds minimum before finals? Seems to be a storm in a teacup but perhaps I'm innocent in that way :)

Oldsoldier

Stan Wickham (3)
Im not sure how you stack First grade? Isnt stacking by its nature designed to allow higher grade players to qualify for lower grade comps come finals time? Im not close to it but I think they were expecting a return from injury and they pulled out late. Other than an oversight I cant see any malcious or "sinister" outcome. I'll let the conspiracy theorists run with this one as I'm none the wiser.
If there are subs coming on for players who are injured and never were on the field in the first place it seems strange a club wouldn’t have removed them before/during the game unless there was an intention to qualify them for finals but certainly there is room for human error during what is always a hectic time. Looking forward to hosting Newport Saturday. Bar Fridges will be overstocked for the occasion!

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Time for the Subbies judiciary to hand back their judiciary cards. Their inconsistency with punishments is ridiculous.

Check out the footage of the first grade game between Briars and Hawkesbury Valley and tell me that only warrants 5 weeks. What a joke!

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Time for the Subbies judiciary to hand back their judiciary cards. Their inconsistency with punishments is ridiculous.

Check out the footage of the first grade game between Briars and Hawkesbury Valley and tell me that only warrants 5 weeks. What a joke!

The whole game or something specific?

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)

Just had a look.

Thats pretty horrific, should be minimum season ending.

Barraclough Cup Briars vs HV Round 9 1:21:30 for those interested.

Last edited:

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
I assume a red card incident, based on it being related to judiciary. There is a card on the scoresheet.

Not like the Woodsman to just ram in here, drop a rumour, and then trot out again
No rumour dropping. Just fact. I've seen longer suspensions for much less. Mitigating circumstances, the guy had his back turned so I didn't punch him as flush as I could have,

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
How in gods earth did the 17 stay on the field

Because a lot of moving bodies, obstructed views, and a split-second to see things. As the ref said: he was unsighted. The AR on the near side probably couldn't see much more from ground level than he did, which was the initial action before the melee started.

An elevated camera position is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
No rumour dropping. Just fact.

Fair enough. I should have said "criticism" in this case.

Given you know the length of the sentence, I can only assume you have access to the Thursday list, or know someone who does.

I definitely have seen the list as in my role as Club Secretary, so my take:

* It is 6 competition rounds, in effect, from the date of the offence, based on what's stated.
* The recommended mid-range penalty for striking in the ops manual and under WR (World Rugby) recommendations is "6 weeks", so is not inconsistent with other findings.
https://rugbyresults.fusesport.com/ResDetail.asp?id=16980&OrgID=132&menu=637
https://www.world.rugby/organisation/governance/regulations/reg-17/appendix-1

As with the Board, anyone who thinks they can do a better job than the current Judiciary is welcome to put down their clipboard and volunteer.

Oldsoldier

Stan Wickham (3)

Given you know the length of the sentence, I can only assume you have access to the Thursday list, or know someone who does.

* It is 6 competition rounds, in effect, from the date of the offence, based on what's stated.
* The recommended mid-range penalty for striking in the ops manual and under WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) recommendations is "6 weeks", so is not inconsistent with other findings.

As with the Board, anyone who thinks they can do a better job than the current Judiciary is welcome to put down their clipboard and volunteer.
Let the boys play!

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)

* The recommended mid-range penalty for striking in the ops manual and under WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) recommendations is "6 weeks", so is not inconsistent with other findings.

A role for someone else. I'm already spending more hours volunteering in rugby than I do in my paid job.
But consistency and common sense would be a great approach to suspension, as opposed to personal bias against clubs.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Numbers 17, 19 and 20 all threw plenty of punches, many of them cheap shots. HV did well to de-escalate what could have turned into something all in.

21mm

Frank Nicholson (4)
Really missing this threads weekly predictions....

Also need more scrum related content