Ted Fahey (11)
@Pfitzy - How you feel about a 2nd round Match up against a big Drummoyne side?Throwing a big idea out here.
Green and Gold Rugby Forum to sponsor a NSW Community Cup for Subbies Clubs from Sydney, Newcastle and Central Coast to compete in a pre-season or mid season FA Cup Style Competition. Sponsors to put together a prize money and clubs get rewards for how deep they go into the competiton. From this competition, we pick rep teams to compete in a post season round robin to go up against QLD teams..
NSW Community Cup Knockout
* Clubs from all subbies to be included. Overtime introduce teams from Southern Highlands upwards.
* Have thrown in Newcastle and CC teams based on nothing, seeding would have to be thought through
* Gives clubs incentives in lower division to qualify for "The Cup"
* Brings new sponsors and potential income for clubs competing.
* Cup organisers to be open and honest about ALL income, acting as a true Non for Profit and sharing all proceeds back to clubs to cover the cost of season
* Organisers to be club members only with a small leadership team to drive participation, draws etc. from NSW Rugby
* Build systematic qualification within all divisions eg. All Subbies 1,2,3 clubs qualify however maybe top 4 from other competition etc.
* Clubs don't have squad restrictions so Div 1 teams might blood 2nd graders or colts in earlier stages to build depth in squads
* Players must have signed up for remainder of season to be eligible to play Cup fixtures
View attachment 17432
Rough for Iggies/Wakehurst who would probably be dusted by 50 in Div 2 to have to play Mountains who could rack up the Century
Wouldnt mind getting hands onto Oysters in round 2 though!
Love the energy about this post