• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

BundyBear

Peter Burge (5)
Gotcha.

From my pov the tackled player was fairly upright - it appeared like the tackler knew the ball was gone and stood up in contact without grasping, which caused the past-horizontal due to momentum. He could have stayed low and grasped the player and maybe got a different outcome.

I think the arm going out to the ground first marks the danger of the angle. Could easily break your collarbone trying to take all your weight like that as well. That's why driving a player is as bad as dropping a player sometimes.
I believe you are talking about the Quinns RC while Ted is referring to the Pats RC.

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
Quinns, late, lift above horiz, land on head/neck. RC, no mitigation.
Once the lift is clear above the horizontal, all comes down to landing. Only way for no card is if he lands on feet. Still penalty though.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
For me YC. Even if I deem technically RC would still look to mitigate to YC due to low height of the tackled player who appeared to land on the ball/arm with benefit of replay.

OK - now I'm looking at the right tackle - red card against Pats :)

Actions of black 5 make it messy, and will probably mitigate the outcome but black 13 still lifted and made it look bad. Blue player was low to the ground so yes definitely take your point.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Take someone past horizontal it's your responsibility to make sure they come down safely. Landed on head/neck. Why would it not be a red card?

First one is red for mine.

2nd one the player did lift and though he wasnt far from the ground the taclkers intent looked clear.

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
I have looked at every card from the weekend to try to find comparisons for the tackle Ardi did in the Iggies match.

I found this travesty in Hills/Briars 2nd Grade. Why does the game not rub these players out? I think an unprovoked stomping/kick to the head like this should be 12-15 matches. There is no place for it. It was only given a yellow too.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
I have looked at every card from the weekend to try to find comparisons for the tackle Ardi did in the Iggies match.

I found this travesty in Hills/Briars 2nd Grade. Why does the game not rub these players out? I think an unprovoked stomping/kick to the head like this should be 12-15 matches. There is no place for it. It was only given a yellow too.

All three look bad. My order:
1. This Hills 10 stomp and kick to the head. Grub. This should be on Subbies and the judiciary's radar. Now!
2. St Pats spear. Definitely intent to use the player's head as a shovel.
3. Ryde Oval tackle. Stupid and silly.

Subbies have taken plenty from this forum without referencing it in the past. Time that they do it now. Pretty sure I've seen this guy from Hills do untoward shit on several occasions.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
All three look bad. My order:
1. This Hills 10 stomp and kick to the head. Grub. This should be on Subbies and the judiciary's radar. Now!
2. St Pats spear. Definitely intent to use the player's head as a shovel.
3. Ryde Oval tackle. Stupid and silly.

Subbies have taken plenty from this forum without referencing it in the past. Time that they do it now. Pretty sure I've seen this guy from Hills do untoward shit on several occasions.
Has it been cited? If so, players like this should be kicked out of the comp.

Can’t tolerate that garbage.

BundyBear

Peter Burge (5)
Has it been cited? If so, players like this should be kicked out of the comp.

Can’t tolerate that garbage.

We had someone who did this at our club years ago and we told them not to come back. There are far too many volunteers who work hard to uphold the standards of a club, without guys deliberately trying to bring your image down for no reason. The Hills player who received the RC should be stamped out for 12 months. If players are getting 4 weeks for high tackles/spear tackles (which in most cases are accidental), then a player who deliberately attacks a player, in this case blindsided and on the ground, should not see the footy field for a long time. Otherwise, expect it again.

21mm

Frank Nicholson (4)

This is an absolute disgrace. This bloke deserves the worst.

He will say he was going for his arm to release the ball. I say good luck and enjoy your time off.

Hills need to get rid of him to save face.

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
This is an absolute disgrace. This bloke deserves the worst.

He will say he was going for his arm to release the ball. I say good luck and enjoy your time off.

Hills need to get rid of him to save face.
Screenshot_20230704_123723_Gallery.jpg

BundyBear

Peter Burge (5)
Cool, nice paraphrasing my guy.

FYI quote was referring to players playing for two separate clubs, and no one wanted to name names. of which i agreed with.

This isnt really a witch hunt though is it, its on video clear as day. dude slippers someone in the head.

The Briars player lies down holding his head for 1 minute. He has no idea what has happened as he was looking down at the time when he was king hit.

LRUsoldier

Allen Oxlade (6)
3 year ban for Hills player IMO.

At least in the Briars fight they stood in front of each other. That shot was just cowardly and could have caused serious damage.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
3/4 in Div 1 this week. St Pats showing alot of character to win in tough circumstances. Unsure why there was such a focus on the time for the kick. Let him take 2 minutes if he wants to, knowing that you are going to play the kick off any way. This wont happen again for Colleagues, Im concerned that a loss like this will galvanise the group for the finals series ahead.
The other three games seem to follow the right script. Cant wait for the last 4 rounds.

Love the video evidence and chat above as well. Most people drop off this time of year, but this shows how invested people are in the game. Any news if the judicary are taking action on the kick to the head?

park footy enthusiast

Bob McCowan (2)
It's worth considering that match officials don't have the benefit of being able to check the tape or refer the decision to a TMO, and are only bound by what they and their referees assistants see (and only if they're qualified are they able to comment), with events often happening off the ball or in inconspicuous spaces. As a result you're always going to see some consistency issues across the park, to be cleaned up by the judiciary in time, but I think they've done a pretty good job this year as a whole. Was this spiel worth the favourable game treatment from the referee that paid me to write it? I'd say so.