• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Div 3 finals locations confirmed.

Semi finals: 5th August - St Luke’s Concord

Preliminary finals 12th August - Eric Tweedale Stadium Merrylands

Grand finals 19th August - Eric Tweedale Stadium Merrylands
Do you know the format as I can't find it anywhere. It looks like it could be 1 v 2 and 3 v 4 with winner of 1 v 2 straight to GF and loser playing winner of 3 v 4 in PF

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Do you know the format as I can't find it anywhere. It looks like it could be 1 v 2 and 3 v 4 with winner of 1 v 2 straight to GF and loser playing winner of 3 v 4 in PF

That is the standard format Subbies has used for a Top 4 in the past - Major Semi final winner goes straight to week 3. Loser of Major Semi and winner of Minor fight it out in Week 2 for a shot at it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Prediction time, everyone get your predictions in so people can get angry over them

I like making people angry :)

Given Divs 2 and 3 are in their last week:
Barraclough - Lindfield to complete an undefeated season over UNSW in the final. The rest are 20 points back - unlikely to win from the Minor SF.
Stockdale - rinse and repeat the above (except "8 points back" instead of 20)
Blunt Cup - Epping to beat Lindfield in a close one to prevent the sweep.
Roberston - Lindfield might as well get the trophy now. Average winning margin of 26. Newport will fight valiantly in the final.

Clark - Beecroft to upset Oysters.
Farrant - Beecroft to beat Harlequins.
Nicholson - Eaysters to beat Knox.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
I like making people angry :)

Given Divs 2 and 3 are in their last week:
Barraclough - Lindfield to complete an undefeated season over UNSW in the final. The rest are 20 points back - unlikely to win from the Minor SF.
Stockdale - rinse and repeat the above (except "8 points back" instead of 20)
Blunt Cup - Epping to beat Lindfield in a close one to prevent the sweep.
Roberston - Lindfield might as well get the trophy now. Average winning margin of 26. Newport will fight valiantly in the final.

Clark - Beecroft to upset Oysters.
Farrant - Beecroft to beat Harlequins.
Nicholson - Eaysters to beat Knox.
Not sure who you think would be angry with that. Div 2 pretty boring with Lindfield to clean up.

Div 3 -
1sts, I think Oysters will be too strong for Beecroft, they have been off the pace last 4 rounds (Iggys the exception).
2nds, Beecroft if not spread thin between the grades shouldnt have an issue.
Colts, Knox looking too good.

Champagne Rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Div 2
Hats off to Lindifeld what there have done is great but as an Australian I have tall poppy syndrome and would love to see them lose

1sts: Cant deny Lindfield this one they are truly a class above
2nd: Sadly Lindfield probably get this one as well
Colts: Newport: The whole club to galvanize around this team and them to win an inspired final.
3rds: Epping who have a classic last placed 2nd grade side and top placed 3rd grade side, teams who are in this situation tend to always do well in the finals.

Div 3

1sts: Despite having a short warmup after half the team becomes lost on their way to parramatta a place they have heard of on the news but never seen, Oysters who are a one team club and will have fresh reserves to win having taken a step up since the mid season break will be too strong for the only team to have beat them beecroft who have been trending down.
2nd: Beecroft to win in their characteristic style of a
Colts: Knox they are a good side and some of them have div 1 experience and I want a subbies side to win.

Bismarck12345

Stan Wickham (3)
I think UNSW has a small (extremely minor) chance at pipping lindfield at the post. I fully don’t believe they will, but unsw are a team that can win games well but are also a team that can lose games when they should win. For my money Hills could also win, as they have pushed the big two close quite frequently. Newport has their premiership winning 10 back as well so they are also an outside chance.

Div 3 think beecroft will take it home. Didn’t even get to predict division 1. Will be a very crazy week leading up to the finals and a finals series like no other.

wallabies to go out in the pools

Last edited:

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Breakers into the finals with a few European travellers returning. Let’s see if they can unsettle a few now finals are on.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very impressed with the young female Ref in Newport vs HVRC 1st grade. She certainly has to on the finals roster for more duties. The colts Ref on the other hand can surely put his whistle away for the winter.

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
3/3 for the Quinns yesterday. Barker seem to be down on numbers and we were fresh from a month off the field. 39-14 win in 1st Grade & 30-14 win in 2nd Grade. The Easts colts also got the job done with a 50 point win in Nicholson. This leaves us in all three finals next week with 1st Grade (Minor Semi Final) vs Knox, 2nd Grade (Minor Semi Final) vs Barker and Easts Colts (Major Semi Final) vs Knox