• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Subbies 2023!

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
I hear a lot of clubs in div 1 and 2 were unclear on finals formats just a few weeks out from finals. Ideally this should have been confirmed and communicated at the start of the season
Im sure they were and do. Does anyone know?

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
My understanding is that Division 2 will be the traditional four team finals format.
Major semi finals at Concord Oval, minor semi finals at Rothwell Park.
1 v 2 with the winner advancing to the grand final
3 v 4 with the loser eliminated.
I haven’t seen 100% confirmation though

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
My understanding is that Division 2 will be the traditional four team finals format.
Major semi finals at Concord Oval, minor semi finals at Rothwell Park.
1 v 2 with the winner advancing to the grand final
3 v 4 with the loser eliminated.
I haven’t seen 100% confirmation though

Wouldnt they need to be at the same oval as reseves will come from lower grades in many cases?

I will be thrilled if Sefton doesnt get a mention ever in my life again.

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
Wouldnt they need to be at the same oval as reseves will come from lower grades in many cases?

I will be thrilled if Sefton doesnt get a mention ever in my life again.
I think the general plan will be for the major at one and the minor at the other, however, I think the 3rd grade major and minor May swap based on the teams involved

LRUsoldier

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think the general plan will be for the major at one and the minor at the other, however, I think the 3rd grade major and minor May swap based on the teams involved

Lindfield will play Uni in every gradez Wouldn’t the idea for Lindfield to play Uni in every grade at the same ground be the right decision here?

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Lindfield will play Uni in every gradez Wouldn’t the idea for Lindfield to play Uni in every grade at the same ground be the right decision here?
It does suggest that the two best teams in 3rd grade don't matter. And Lindfield will play Newport in colts. Uni's colts will be at Rothwell..... That's a conundrum

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The structure of finals day again depends on finding the right facility - losing the second oval at DP is a pain.

Where else has two ovals available in an enclosed facility?

Rothwell and Concord aren't ideal given the distance between them. Sefton is an option nobody really wants by comparison.

Champagne Rugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Where else has two ovals available in an enclosed facility?

Grand final for div 3 was played at macquarie uni a few years back and they have two ovals in those facilities.

Logistical problem is availability and whilst you can control entry through the bridge there are multiple other ovals in the facility which will probably be in use so there may be problems distinguishing rugby fans from others - although any smart ticket inspector should be able to tell the difference between a superior evolved rugby fan and a scocer or afl fan

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Give us 12 months* until the developments are done. Still strange to see the ground with those trees missing between #1 and 2

*pending building progression

Who will be first to put a conversion through a window? Lot of balls landing in the construction site on Saturday

Last edited:

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
The biggest game of the season in Division 3 as Quinns travel to Barker in the last round. The game is set up perfectly for the neutral viewer, with the winner advancing to week 1 of the finals to face Knox. The preparation has been poor, with a forfeit, wet weather and a bye all tied in, resulting in it being over a month since Quinns last took the field. Barker look to have their full contingent back on deck and will fancy their chances at the graveyard.