• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Does anyone actually know the finals format? Someone tried to tell me Div 2 is 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5, following week winners play 1&2 with winners into GF??!!!!!! Surely they are wrong????????? You cant have 6 team make a finals in a 7 team comp.

Rigby

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone actually know the finals format? Someone tried to tell me Div 2 is 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5, following week winners play 1&2 with winners into GF??!!!!!! Surely they are wrong????????? You cant have 6 team make a finals in a 7 team comp.
I hear a lot of clubs in div 1 and 2 were unclear on finals formats just a few weeks out from finals. Ideally this should have been confirmed and communicated at the start of the season

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
If you're sitting 6th in a 7 team comp the thought would go through your head to try and get 7th to just end the misery.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hear a lot of clubs in div 1 and 2 were unclear on finals formats just a few weeks out from finals. Ideally this should have been confirmed and communicated at the start of the season
Im sure they were and do. Does anyone know?

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
My understanding is that Division 2 will be the traditional four team finals format.
Major semi finals at Concord Oval, minor semi finals at Rothwell Park.
1 v 2 with the winner advancing to the grand final
3 v 4 with the loser eliminated.
I haven’t seen 100% confirmation though

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
My understanding is that Division 2 will be the traditional four team finals format.
Major semi finals at Concord Oval, minor semi finals at Rothwell Park.
1 v 2 with the winner advancing to the grand final
3 v 4 with the loser eliminated.
I haven’t seen 100% confirmation though

Wouldnt they need to be at the same oval as reseves will come from lower grades in many cases?

I will be thrilled if Sefton doesnt get a mention ever in my life again.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Wouldnt they need to be at the same oval as reseves will come from lower grades in many cases?

I will be thrilled if Sefton doesnt get a mention ever in my life again.
I think the general plan will be for the major at one and the minor at the other, however, I think the 3rd grade major and minor May swap based on the teams involved

LRUsoldier

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think the general plan will be for the major at one and the minor at the other, however, I think the 3rd grade major and minor May swap based on the teams involved

Lindfield will play Uni in every gradez Wouldn’t the idea for Lindfield to play Uni in every grade at the same ground be the right decision here?

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Lindfield will play Uni in every gradez Wouldn’t the idea for Lindfield to play Uni in every grade at the same ground be the right decision here?
It does suggest that the two best teams in 3rd grade don't matter. And Lindfield will play Newport in colts. Uni's colts will be at Rothwell..... That's a conundrum

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The structure of finals day again depends on finding the right facility - losing the second oval at DP is a pain.

Where else has two ovals available in an enclosed facility?

Rothwell and Concord aren't ideal given the distance between them. Sefton is an option nobody really wants by comparison.