• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Suggest a new coach for the Waratahs here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
tranquility said:
Just because you mentioned him Lee, John Hipwell to this day is a design teacher at Churchie in Brisbane. He has nothing to do with the schools rugby program and most of the students have no idea who he is.

He was one of my teachers, and anyone who played rugby knew who he was. He was definitely coaching a team when I was there, and tutored a mate of mine who was a halfback. This was more than ten years ago, so things may have changed.

My PE teacher was also an old wallaby fullback, Richards. Forgot his first name, but he was a psycho

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Couldn't you just get the waratahs an old atari with pong installed? That would be a reasonable coach for the way they want to play.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ed Z has come out today and given an unconditional statement that hickey will coach through to the end of next year. This was unconditional and seems a lot stronger than the usual “the coach has the boards full support” which comes out just before the coach gets dumped. Looks like he is here to stay, regardless of results overt the rest of this season.

The FHC has alot of work todo

Scotty

David Codey (61)
cheezel said:
tranquility said:
Just because you mentioned him Lee, John Hipwell to this day is a design teacher at Churchie in Brisbane. He has nothing to do with the schools rugby program and most of the students have no idea who he is.

He was one of my teachers, and anyone who played rugby knew who he was. He was definitely coaching a team when I was there, and tutored a mate of mine who was a halfback. This was more than ten years ago, so things may have changed.

My PE teacher was also an old wallaby fullback, Richards. Forgot his first name, but he was a psycho

My PE teacher was Steve Nance, former Wallaby and Broncos trainer. He worked the boys in the XV pretty hard, along with Pete Wilson, David Wilson's brother.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
My PE teacher was Peter Marrapodi, plays for Olimpic Roma now. Good bloke.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Godfrey said:
Couldn't you just get the waratahs an old atari with pong installed? That would be a reasonable coach for the way they want to play.

The Tahs are kicking a third less than last year.

The Brumbies are this years leaders in kicking the leather off the ball

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
my PE teacher picked all the grade sport kids on his team, he didn't like to lose

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
My PE teacher was a perv on the older girls and gave them a few sly fondles when they were using the gym equipment. He was a good looking young bloke though and the girls didn't seem to mind too much.

Once I was helping him start a girls running race, and their shorts were going up around their private parts as they bent over to the crouch position. Some had obviously grown a bit since they bought the shorts. We were behind them and he looked at me when they bent down and winked, and had them stand up again for some infraction. Then we saw a bit of more of their glory when they bent over again. I went to bed early that night.

That has nothing to do with the new coach for the Tahs?? Excuuuuse me.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
My PE teacher was very stout and a lesbian. She even converted a student (After she graduated).

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
If I could interupt the PE teacher stories (OK - I had a few, including Joe Barakat and Steve Knight - not men to be fucked with, i promise you)

A new hat in the ring: Victor Matfield

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...field-in-line-for-tahs-job-20100325-r00n.html

Victor Matfield joining the Waratahs – not as a player but as a coach from 2012? Don't laugh, because according to our snouts at Waratahland and in South Africa, the renowned Springboks second-rower and Bulls captain was sounded out about the idea by a NSW official when the Tahs were recently in South Africa. R&M has been told some at the Waratahs are interested in Matfield joining their coaching panel after next year's World Cup. Even the 32-year-old Matfield said in a recent Herald interview he was interested in picking up the clipboard once his playing days were over. "I will probably have a look in coaching. Maybe with coaching overseas," Matfield said.

PS - LG - Great story

Status
Not open for further replies.