• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Summer cricket 2022/23

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Simply not enough talent in our batting ranks for these conditions. That's all the analysis there can be.
Nonsense. They've obviously just decided they would aggressively attack and the ploy has failed. Once Labuschagne, Smith and Head were all gone they should have adjusted.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought we were doing ok at 2 for. Checked half an hour later we are in liquorice all sorts

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If we scratch out 150 we are still a chance. India haven't batted any better on this pitch.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Whoever decided that sweeping every second shot on a pitch that's bouncing this low was the go needs to be fucking shot.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Who’s the batter that gets flown over. Not to necessarily start but they need cover in the squad?

Personally I’d pick Bancroft but Harris was in the Test squad for the West Indian series earlier in the year which may show he’s closer to the team than Bancroft.

If Green is fit and ready to go it may mean another batter is not required.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sending three injured players (Green, Hazlewood and Starc) on tour doesn't look like a smart move now. Any time any touring squad's left Oz, rugby or cricket, with injured members it's inevitably bitten us on the arse,

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Cummins is returning home for an illness in the family, worded as if he'll return before the next test.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
A fair bit of soul searching required in the coming days. These guys are good enough, they're not the top ranked side in the world for no reason, but they're going to have to come up with a different plan real quick.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
A fair bit of soul searching required in the coming days. These guys are good enough, they're not the top ranked side in the world for no reason, but they're going to have to come up with a different plan real quick.
Eh, to win in India you need to be next level exceptional. England last did it a decade ago and India have since won 15 consecutive series.

Home advantage is simply too great. Part of why about 10 people turn up to watch. Most of the time its a forgone conclusion.

Home advantage is part of why test cricket is on the wane period IMO. Its way too significant.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Part of it is that for so long, travelling to the sub-continent was not really a thing, now it is. I don't think much thought or prep has been given to how to play in those conditions - a lot of Eng/Aus prep goes to the Ashes.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Eh, to win in India you need to be next level exceptional. England last did it a decade ago and India have since won 15 consecutive series.

Home advantage is simply too great. Part of why about 10 people turn up to watch. Most of the time its a forgone conclusion.

Home advantage is part of why test cricket is on the wane period IMO. Its way too significant

And yet, and I keep coming back to this, India adapted their game to play away and have won their last two series in Australia. Go back 20+ years and they'd be deer in the headlights on our bouncy tracks. Not so any more.

I can't accept that elite sports people who are supposed to be the best we have available, with the budget and resources they have, can't adapt.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
I think real prep looks like preparing Australia's slower decks the SCG and even Manuka for turning as well as playing with the SG ball in the Shield. It isn't having a spin camp two weeks before the tour.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think real prep looks like preparing Australia's slower decks the SCG and even Manuka for turning as well as playing with the SG ball in the Shield. It isn't having a spin camp two weeks before the tour.
Maybe but it's also definitely not playing big bash on our bouncing wickets.

I would have at least expected a warm up tour game

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can’t get angry at the team. There must be no greater challenge in test cricket than beating the Indians in India. I love watching those battles. I love it when test cricket is an actual battle. A real survival of the fittest. Part of me wants every test played in India.

It adds credence to an innings like Ussie’s or Hanscombes. Means a lot more than a cheap double century on an easy local pitch in a dead rubber.

Test cricket is brilliant.