• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Summer of 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
4 for 7 at the end there.
87 run lead.
Any tail is going to struggle to get many on this pitch but that feels a little disappointing after yesterdays heroics.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I have a feeling that India will put 300+ on us now they have some momentum. We fold and lose by not very many runs

If we got 25 more runs for Wade and the tail I would be feeling a lot more confident

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
agree. Seems a tad short to be comfortable, which should just add to the compelling nature of the test. We're in for another fascinating few sessions.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Bookies now have India back in front.
Spin twins will have to wrest the game back this session. Chasing any more than 100 odd will be very difficult, though we might lose a bit of the match to rain.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That was a very poor first session. Starc and Lyon out to very questionable shots. We are going to need something special with the ball to wrestle back momentum now.

It's a shame India have discovered Jadeja is the secret to winning this test, think we're going to struggle to chase anything more than 100 in the 4th innings.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
KL Rahul will be the key wicket in their second innings. He's looked like the only Indian batsman willing to put up a fight and put a price on his wicket. I think if we can get him cheaply we have gone a long way to winning this test.

Looks like Rahul's proving exactly that.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Massive errors with bowling rotations by our captain and India are back in the box seat.

1-84 and as I type this SO'K gets his 2nd over of the innings (24 overs bowled) and a wicket straight away. If only he had been brought into the attack earlier.

That was some catch by Smith.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Superb catch from Steve Smith! Hopefully that is the catalyst for the Aussies getting a run of wickets and starting to wrest back control.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Great to see Hazlewood get amongst the wickets. Knock them off quickly and a chase of around 100-120 should be achievable.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Simply can't afford to drop a player of Pujara's quality three times. He's making us pay and Rahane looks comfortable now too.

Hard to see us getting back into this test. Lead is up to 93 with only 4 wickets down and the pitch seems to have flattened out.

Lyon currently 0-57 and looks like a completely different bowler to the first innings.

We need to somehow keep this below 150 to have any chance.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Game looks to be slipping away from us now. I think we're going to need a miracle unless that pitch has started playing a bit better.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Chasing this total on days 4/5 with a number 11 batting at 6 is going to make this extremely difficult. Keeping them under 300 now is probably ambitious.

Really disappointing day for the Aussies. Thought we could have done alot more to defend that lead we had but instead KL Rahul dominated our quicks early and we missed far too many chances to get ourselves back in it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What a topsy turvy game.

9 wickets in the first innings were taken by our spinners and 7 of the 8 wickets so far in the second innings by pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.