• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sunday 2 April Hurricanes v Force

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
And had the game gone for another two minutes, with the Force having all the play, it’s the Forces win. Don’t sully a good performance by the Force, who played well, by talking down the other team.
Ref was awful but it was his breakdown management that was awful, going both ways.
Exactly. And it was the wind and the force defence that made the canes play poorly in the second half at times.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gareth Simpson Aus eligible?

how did the referee miss the obvious knock on from Kirifi just before Chase’s yellow card???

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
This Force team will be a lot better by the end of the year. If we had everyone fit it would be interesting. NZ tour ends, Highlanders was the game they needed to win. Making some nice player finds. Now we need to keep them and maintain some squad continuity under Cron.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
This Force team will be a lot better by the end of the year. If we had everyone fit it would be interesting. NZ tour ends, Highlanders was the game they needed to win. Making some nice player finds. Now we need to keep them and maintain some squad continuity under Cron.
We have the Highlanders again in a few weeks, in Perth.

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Best performance I have seen from the Force. Strachan looked good, backline went well.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Also worth remembering that we are the only team that is sent on a 3 game road trip to NZ. Other than the Brumbies I wouldn’t expect any of the other Aussie sides to do much better

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Exactly. And it was the wind and the force defence that made the canes play poorly in the second half at times.
And add to fact Canes were down to basically 12 players by end, Cameron went off about 70 min, Iose was crippled, could barely jog, and Sullivan looked like he had broken wrist, but no subs as they weren't HIAs. Force went well, but were never going to win it, Canes were playing crazy stuff trying for bonus point knowing they couldn't lose.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Also worth remembering that we are the only team that is sent on a 3 game road trip to NZ. Other than the Brumbies I wouldn’t expect any of the other Aussie sides to do much better
Agree Force did well, I was at game etc, was a little surprised though a couple of timed Force didn't look happy with each other, Chase Tiatia throwing ball away in disgust when he wanted quick throw in and Force players were literally wandering back, then at one stage it looked like there were words being yelled at each other by a few of the Force backs.
But the game was good to be there, good crowd plenty of running etc, and I enjoyed watching the performance of a couple of young Canes kids. Godfrey at 15 looked pretty handy, and I thought Sinkinson on wing went ok. Canes could well be without Cameron for a while 9so Godfrey may get a run at 10), looked a serious knee injury, Sullivan looked to have a broken wrist to me, when he dropped the ball he was trying to grab behind ruck that klead to Force last try, his left arm looked absolutely f***ed,

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What injury did Cameron end up doing? I'm bit confused how he limped off there, given the theatrics he presented. I thought it was a broken leg.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Was hoping Jordie would try pegging a conversion into that huge mental wind turbine thing in the in-goal.

Dom Bird and Brett Cameron were in Cantab reject form today.

With all his skills Rayasi should be pushing Telea and Reece and CC for an AB wing spot.

He'll never be an All Black.

That too-cool-for-school bullshit might wash when you're a 17-year old phenom but not when you're 26 ffs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What injury did Cameron end up doing? I'm bit confused how he limped off there, given the theatrics he presented. I thought it was a broken leg.
Looks like a knee, and when you go sideways and twist your knee qwerty, think you may feel a fair bit of pain until is settles. Sevu Reece was same when he did his, walked off with looking like only a limp, but gone for season.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
And add to fact Canes were down to basically 12 players by end, Cameron went off about 70 min, Iose was crippled, could barely jog, and Sullivan looked like he had broken wrist, but no subs as they weren't HIAs. Force went well, but were never going to win it, Canes were playing crazy stuff trying for bonus point knowing they couldn't lose.
But they nearly did lose, force were always going to come back in the second half.
But if you were talking about the play past the siren then fair enough, both sides threw caution to the wind as there was nothing to lose and everything to gain. Canes and Force both had a chance at a bonus point and the result could not be changed.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
But they nearly did lose, force were always going to come back in the second half.
But if you were talking about the play past the siren then fair enough, both sides threw caution to the wind as there was nothing to lose and everything to gain. Canes and Force both had a chance at a bonus point and the result could not be changed.
Mate all teams have a chance to win, but to be honest Canes never looked like losing. The play after the siren was safe as house for Canes, they were (as you say) going for a bonus point knowing that they were 10 points ahead, and if (as they did) Force scored the game was over so that is what I meant they were never going to lose.If the Force were further up the ladder in points etc, the Canes I think would of played a safer option. And during the 80 minutes of game, it was reasonably dominant performance, I can assure you I doubt whether there was Canes supporter that were nervous after first 40, and I would guess no Force supporters thinking there was a win there. I haven't seen game on TV, but much as I like the Force as a team etc, and agree they came back well at the ground it didn't feel close.
I sure you have been to games where you fee the whole flow of how game is going, and as I said, I enjoyed it because once it got going, I could relax and watch some of the young players, that I struggle to do when it's a game hanging in balance.
Don't misunderstand what I mean, the Force were never giving up and fought hammer and tong all the way through, they are just missing a bit of strike power I think.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Sorry my point was that given the wind, the Force were always going to come back in the second half. Had a few bounces of the ball gone another way, and a few dumb decisions not been made (shoulda woulda I know) then Force could have reeled the Canes in. But they didn’t and as you say Canes were always comfortable and there was no danger at the end of them losing.