• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sunwolves vs Waratahs - Saturday 2nd July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sunwolves: 15 Riaan Viljoen, 14 Mifiposeti Paea, 13 Derek Carpenter, 12 Harumichi Tatekawa (c), 11 Yasutaka Sasakura, 10 Yu Tamura, 9 Kaito Shigeno, 8 Ed Quirk, 7 Taiyo Ando, 6 Liaki Moli, 5 Naohiro Kotaki, 4 Fa’atiga Lemalu, 3 Shinnosuke Kakinaga, 2 Takeshi Kizu, 1 Masataka Mikami. Replacements: 16 Futoshi Mori, 17 Keita Inagaki, 18 Takuma Asahara, 19 Yoshiya Hosoda, 20 Shokel Kin, 21 Yuki Yatomi, 22 Ryohei Yamanaka, 23 Hajime Yamashita

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Interesting to see the hyperbole on the Gr&G email "Phipps dropped" really?

Rotation
Rested after 3 tests in 3 weeks
Niggling injury

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Interesting to see the hyperbole on the Gr&G email "Phipps dropped" really?

Rotation
Rested after 3 tests in 3 weeks
Niggling injury
Give the people what they want: Phipps is shit because we didn't win, apparently.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Horne at 12 - interesting.

A pity he's not having his 100th at home.

Doubt we'll see him anywhere else for the Tahs this season. He provides the starch and Izzy the pizzaz. Horwitz needs more work before he is ready to start at 12.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
How has Quirk been going? Heard he had a few good games early in the year and then nothing.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Bit of a danger game for the Tahs coming off the break for some and the 3 straight losses for others. As pointed out they need to make it a bonus point win in order to keep their hopes open of the poison chalice of a place in the NZ finals!
You and your poison chalices! Don't forget, Tahs v Chiefs, 45-25.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
How was that a card and even a penalty against Taqele? You might as well card every player who makes a tackle

T

TOCC

Certainly a penalty, YC is debatable.
He could have pulled out but didn't

Reactions: mst
G

galumay

Strong first half from the Tahs, already ahead by 4 tries so should get the bonus point as well.

Some excellent individual efforts as well as good team play. Izzy having a dazzler and Kellaway and Dempsey leading the way for the young brigade with tries!

YC led to plenty more points! I dont mind the call, I hate that sort of cheating. Normally I think it would just be a penalty, but hey if you cheat and get caught, so be it.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Strong first half from the Tahs, already ahead by 4 tries so should get the bonus point as well.

Some excellent individual efforts as well as good team play. Izzy having a dazzler and Kellaway and Dempsey leading the way for the young brigade with tries!

YC led to plenty more points! I dont mind the call, I hate that sort of cheating. Normally I think it would just be a penalty, but hey if you cheat and get caught, so be it.

Ewing theory?

G

galumay

Taqele Naiyaravoro probably the least best on ground for the Tah's, looks a bit underdone.

Its turned into a training run.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tahs up 52-12 after 62 mins.

as Grant Fox says on rugby 06 "ah yes, not a bad try but bring the mirrors out for the defenders to look into"

G

galumay

67 minutes and Big Willy is still on the paddock - he is absolutely out on his feet! Had a good game though - against very soft opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.