• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super AU trial Qld v NSW 5 Feb Narrabri

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I see Santos is now a platinum sponsor for the Waratahs as well as the Reds, talk about having a bob each way! No wonder this game is being held in Narrabri, where Santos is trying to win over the community for its Coal Seam Gas project.

Also explains why last year (when they were just sponsoring the Reds) they had a trial in Dalby, which is Qld CSG country.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Goal kicking has been bad, needs to be better right around Aus. Kalani Thomas looking young and like the impact Uru has had so far

Alex Ross (28)
Enjoyable. But not much to read from it. Reds left a lot more firepower at home. Good squad hit out I guess.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Well from a Tahs point of view, that was all pretty good apart from the line-out, which was diabolical. Tom Horton needs to spend the next two weeks practicing his throwing.
Hard to pinpoint who was strong among the reds, as the commentators didn't call names and I don't recognise a lot of them that well.
For the Tahs, Gordon was outstanding, but the guy who really impressed me was Harrison, the 40 minutes he put in was probably the difference between the two sides. And as always, he was excellent off the tee. Walton and Maddocks both looked good, and I really liked what I saw of Tizzano, I'll be surprised if he's not given first go at 7.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Pity we didn't see more from Vunivalu. What I did see I thought he looked pretty good, some players coming across from league have a bit of trouble adjusting at first but he tackled low, went into contact low and recycled well. He looked big and strong and should prove hard to stop if he can actually find some space. Could also see a switch to the centres perhaps, if the Reds pick up some injuries there.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Some positives

Bryce Hegarty’s goal kicking
Seru Uru’s attack and defence
Dunguna’s elusiveness
Moses Sorovi’s improved speed distribution from the scrum and breakdown
Will Harrison’s game control and finding the gaps
Joey Walton’s positional play
Gordon’s game control

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Pity we didn't see more from Vunivalu. What I did see I thought he looked pretty good, some players coming across from league have a bit of trouble adjusting at first but he tackled low, went into contact low and recycled well. He looked big and strong and should prove hard to stop if he can actually find some space. Could also see a switch to the centres perhaps, if the Reds pick up some injuries there.

Probably because he played Rugby before going to League...

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I didn't get to watch the trial. How did some of the players go?

Did Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) play well on the wing?

How did Sam Caird and Whetton go at lock?