• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2012 SF Stormers v Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I don't want to sound like a dick Paarl but it was predictable wasn't it? The Stormers can't chase down a lead because they can't score tries, 2 to 1 in the end. They need to fix their game plan and tactics, it's not good having the best defence in the comp if you also have the worst offence. This is super rugby, not test rugby. Stormers got some work to do if they want to win the comp.
They nearly got that try in the end. We still got into the perfect position to win the competition, according to that shite gameplan and all. Got beaten by a far better team on the day. Need to take it on the chin and have to move on. You can sit and go all depressing about the why's but it wont help you move forward. Positives is also there, we got murdered in that first scrum and it set the tune for the rest of the match. Positives for the Stormers is that we brought some good youngsters through who will be much better comes next year. There is not much time and 2012 CC starts in two weeks time to start it all over again.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Too bad Paarl. Ran into the Sharks at the wrong time.

You need a new coach or at least backline coach.

All that talent is being wasted if you ask me.

And as good as Grant is on defense and kicking goals, his kicking out of hand is not up to standard.
Grant and Joe P had bad matches but surely the Sharks won the physical exchanges in the forwards. If you want to beat them, thats where you need to match them. I dont think its all that fare to go all negative because of one defeat. We just need to regroup and build in the CC. We will probably only lose the likes of Bekker, Etsebet, JdV and Habana for national duty. Burger and Vermeulen will start their rugby journey in the CC.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
By the way Blue, were watching the curtain raisor between the Brutes and WP u21s. The Brutes youngsters and specially Serfontein look like the real thing. Impressive performance from them.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I see Coetzee is also happy with the performance but he has to be positive to keep his job. You guys simply need bettr attack coaching else you will not win the Super title. I can pull my hair out watching good players crab from side to side. Why? This has been going on for weeks. No lines, No deception. No creativity. Or is it Duvenhage and Grant's fault?

Next year you will have a better squad if you get luckier with less injuries but your attack will still have to get a lot better. As it stands now I will back any team with a good defense you can get up ten points at half time against the Stormers. Just put pressure on 9 and ten, tackle like mad and you win.

Tough, but it's reality.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
By the way Blue, were watching the curtain raisor between the Brutes and WP u21s. The Brutes youngsters and specially Serfontein look like the real thing. Impressive performance from them.

I'll take any young 10 in Pretoria right now.

Can't be worse than Steyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.