• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2022

Super Rugby 2022

• Go Blues

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Go cantabs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go other NZ team.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go Force

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Go Brumbies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Go Rebs

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Go new PI teams

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go any team that plays the cantabs

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Brumbies vs Highlanders game is pretty important for Australian Rugby in my view. If the equal best Australian team can't beat the worst New Zealand team then it could get pretty dire. Particularly now that the Reds chances over the next month have been substantially damaged with JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)'s injury.
That bloke gets injured at inconvenient times.

Carter Gordon probably would have had more minutes with the Reds by now than he has with the Rebels.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Brumbies vs Highlanders game is pretty important for Australian Rugby in my view. If the equal best Australian team can't beat the worst New Zealand team then it could get pretty dire.
Landers backline is utterly hopeless this year. Not even Afterdavid can get a tune out of that lot.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
The Brumbies vs Highlanders game is pretty important for Australian Rugby in my view. If the equal best Australian team can't beat the worst New Zealand team then it could get pretty dire. Particularly now that the Reds chances over the next month have been substantially damaged with JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)'s injury.
Far out. That’s not good for us considering our performance last week. Why does that bloke always get injured when playing NZ or Test games?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
They've clearly been cursed because Maui stole the heart of Te Fiti.
samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Super Rugby Pacific Match Officials Rd.11​

Match : Reds v Chiefs
Date :Friday 29 April
Venue : Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Kick Off local:19:45
Referee: Paul Williams
Assistant Ref 1: Jordan Way
Assistant Ref 2:Reuben Keane
TMO :Brett Cronan

Match : Western Force v Blues
Date :Friday 29 April
Venue : HBF Park, Perth
Kick Off local:20:00
Referee: Angus Gardner
Assistant Ref 1:Graham Cooper
Assistant Ref 2:Jordan Kaminski
TMO : Kyle Burnett

Match : Fijian Drua v Highlanders
Date :Saturday 30 April
Venue : ANZ Stadium, Suva, Fiji
Kick Off local:16:35
Referee: Brendon Pickerill
Assistant Ref 1: Jono Bredin
Assistant Ref 2:Mike Fraser
TMO : Aaron Paterson

Match : NSW Waratahs v Crusaders
Date : Saturday 30 April
Venue : Leichhardt Oval, Sydney
Kick Off local: 17:05
Referee: Ben O’Keeffe
Assistant Ref 1:Reuben Keane
Assistant Ref 2:Matt Kellahan
TMO :James Leckie

Match : Rebels v Moana Pasifika
Date :Saturday 30 April
Venue : AAMI Park, Melbourne
Kick Off local:19:45
Referee: Damon Murphy
Assistant Ref 1:Jordan Way
Assistant Ref 2:James Palmer
TMO :Oli Kellett

Match : Brumbies v Hurricanes
Date :Sunday 1 May
Venue : GIO Stadium, Canberra
Kick Off local:14:00
Referee: Nic Berry
Assistant Ref 1:Reuben Keane
Assistant Ref 2:Matt Kellahan
TMO :James Leckie

From superxv.com

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Moana considering pushing for a forfeit from the Force:

Given what they've been through this season and the limited time left to play the game it's easy to sympathize with them. Would be just about a death blow to the Force's chances of making the 8 though, so I don't expect they'll just cop it.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don't think the argument that they'll possibly be copping another post-poned game is valid though.

All the teams on the East coast have been living with COVID since Christmas and many copped outbreaks during pre-season, the risk was always going to be the NZ teams and WA with their increased lockdowns that dipped into the start of the competition.

Also the 'close-contact' rules which probably impacted player availability have been scrapped in QLD, NSW and VIC as of today I believe which will free up more players if a second outbreak occurred.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I don't think the argument that they'll possibly be copping another post-poned game is valid though.

All the teams on the East coast have been living with COVID since Christmas and many copped outbreaks during pre-season, the risk was always going to be the NZ teams and WA with their increased lockdowns that dipped into the start of the competition.

Also the 'close-contact' rules which probably impacted player availability have been scrapped in QLD, NSW and VIC as of today I believe which will free up more players if a second outbreak occurred.
Is that argument being put forward though? They're talking about what they have already had to endure and the fact that a time still needs to be found for this game, not about what happens if another game is postponed.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Is that argument being put forward though? They're talking about what they have already had to endure and the fact that a time still needs to be found for this game, not about what happens if another game is postponed.
Sorry no you're right - I should have clarified that I thought that point is redundant and shouldn't be a factor when determining if the Force should be forfeiting

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

Given what they've been through this season and the limited time left to play the game it's easy to sympathize with them. Would be just about a death blow to the Force's chances of making the 8 though, so I don't expect they'll just cop it.
Carrying on like pork chops. Sure, they have had a rough trot but two of the missed games were due to covid outbreaks in their team. This was already after the entire comp was changed due to NZ government. Just get on with it and play the game.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

Wouldn't the Force get points if MP (Moana Pasifika) forfeit?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Moana Pasifika are demanding the Force be the ones to forfeit.
No they aren't they are saying they not ruling it out
;Sakalia did not rule out pushing for a forfeit from the Force, which is used in the UK Premiership and in other sports.
That is far from DEMANDING a forfeit!

“Is it in the best interests of the competition for one team to be so disadvantaged that they are consigned to being a non-player in the competition?” Sakalia said. “Is it really in the best interests of our players to be having discussions about the postponed game, before we’ve even played the next game in our schedule?

They seem a bit pissed, and I can maybe see their point, especially about letting them at least get another game under belt before deciding when it played.
I take it the game will be played at Mt Smart as it was a MP (Moana Pasifika) home game?? I not sure how it will work, would seem a little silly to hold it in Melbourne.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
No they aren't they are saying they not ruling it out
;Sakalia did not rule out pushing for a forfeit from the Force, which is used in the UK Premiership and in other sports.
That is far from DEMANDING a forfeit!

“Is it in the best interests of the competition for one team to be so disadvantaged that they are consigned to being a non-player in the competition?” Sakalia said. “Is it really in the best interests of our players to be having discussions about the postponed game, before we’ve even played the next game in our schedule?

They seem a bit pissed, and I can maybe see their point, especially about letting them at least get another game under belt before deciding when it played.
I take it the game will be played at Mt Smart as it was a MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) home game?? I not sure how it will work, would seem a little silly to hold it in Melbourne.
Of course, they’re not demanding it but when asked they didnt rule out demanding it.