• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2022

Super Rugby 2022

• Go Blues

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Go cantabs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go other NZ team.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go Force

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Go Brumbies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Go Rebs

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Go new PI teams

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go any team that plays the cantabs

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
eight_col_eden.jpg

The Road to 2022 Super Rugby Glory goes through Eden Park.

That much is inarguable.

The Reigning Super Rugby World Champion Auckland Blues
would like to welcome the other participants in the 2022 competition.

Blues-Super-Rugby-Trans-Tasman-champions-2021-PA-1024x630.jpg

We look forward to your brave, plucky teams playing bit-part cameo roles as speedbumps
and tackle dummies, uncredited casting extras in the Blues swashbuckling adventure of 2022.

Nights of terror, days of lost hope, the dreams of children irrepairably savaged
right before your very eyes. And that's just the NSFW Waratahs pre-season.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Good to see Drua are well along the way with players and feeling like they on track with good real expectations/aims for first year or so. I see they signed up Ratave from BOP, was wondering if he would get a call after watching ranfurly shield game on weekend.
Good to see.
I heard on tv last week MP (Moana Pasifika) got a most of their squad sorted too, think both outfits name players and have them signed by end of Oct?
I wonder if Sekope Kefu would be a good captain for MP (Moana Pasifika) while they getting underway, but we will see.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
I refuse to recognize the validity of this competition.
I refuse to recognise the validity of September Champs, before a February kick off :)

Having said that, Wikipedia could be totally like Nostradamus and the top and bottom places could be correct at the end of the day............ (jokes - I think the Tahs will be a little higher up, and hope they'll be in the top 8)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tribe have made Clayton McMillan HC for 2022 & 23 with Gats moving into a Director of Rugby position.

Not gunna call it "player power" but it's no secret in these parts that the playing group much preferred playing under McMillan than Gatland
Think it's by far the best way of using them both anyway.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So given most oz super rugby squads pretty much close to being finalised time for some thoughts on what their prospects look like.

For me brumbies look to have strongest squad as awesome forwards that has players like swain and Rory Scott who will only improve. But backs to me bolstered with cfs and Jesse mogg adding depth quality. Brumbies will make the finals (lol with 8 teams in finals this is not exactly brave prediction) but could actually go further.

Reds should be second best oz super rugby and yeah keeping most of their squad hopefully should see some improvements. Yeah will make the finals but not sure they will go further. Needs some other of their young players to step up further.

The force, rebels and tahs can’t see making the finals. I don’t think force squad as strong as last years as weak in centres and fullback options. Tahs should improve but best ambition is mid table. Rebels not sure will do much more then they did this year.

With 8 team finals I actually think out of these 3 tahs actually as my outside smokie to make the finals (ie get in final 8) outside the sure things of the reds and brumbies.