• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs injury update per the Hurld:

"Damian McKenzie [concussion], Shaun Stevenson [hamstring], Samipeni Finau [AC joint/shoulder], Jimmy Tupou [eye socket/nose fracture], Josh Lord [knee] and Kaleb Trask [groin] were all unavailable for selection."

Read elsewhere that Lord's injury is season-ending.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan also have a long injury list:

"...Jonah Lowe [knee], Hugh Renton [ankle], Rhys Patchell [pectoral], Jona Nareki [hamstring], Matt Whaanga [shoulder], Ricky Jackson [hamstring], Billy Harmon [hand], Connor Garden-Bachop [HIA] and Josh Timu [ankle] all out of action."

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
As expected. Again, would've preferred Vikena and I believe McWhannell is injured. Or, at least, looked that way at the back end of the first half in Melbourne. Can't imagine why he wouldn't be playing if he isn't. Good to have Akira back. Ditto Sullivan. Lam will be up against it defending against Proctor and the Hurricanes attack, so hopefully he can at least do enough to contain them.

Hurricanes surely trolling with the 6:2 bench...
Playing the Blues, who are so physical and fatigueing to handle? I would think that 6:2 is the sensible option. The Saffers would probably go 7:1.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Clan also have a long injury list:

"...Jonah Lowe [knee], Hugh Renton [ankle], Rhys Patchell [pectoral], Jona Nareki [hamstring], Matt Whaanga [shoulder], Ricky Jackson [hamstring], Billy Harmon [hand], Connor Garden-Bachop [HIA] and Josh Timu [ankle] all out of action."
Desribing this as a "long" injury list is relative. I'm a Waratahs supporter. We have an injury list where 90% of them are gone for the season and we have club rugby players not even in the squad as starters. That's a long injury list.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Playing the Blues, who are so physical and fatigueing to handle? I would think that 6:2 is the sensible option. The Saffers would probably go 7:1.

I was alluding to the last time the they played and the Blues went with the 6:2 split. They got burned by losing two backs to HIAs in the first quarter, then had to play the rest of the match with a halfback on the wing, which the Hurricanes made predictably easy metres down.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
How are these commentators baffled that a head-on-head collision resulting from a poor clear out is a Yellow (Red pending, likely imo)? Hasn't there been several instances of it so far this season?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Can anyone explain how the Papuni YC wasn't upgraded? He's always driving up & into the Tribe player so I'm not really seeing any mitigation.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
@zer0 (in track suit) & security detail have arrived at Eden Park...

download-1.jpeg

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's match day so of course CruSadists have a late scratching...

ScoBar.

Hannah promoted from the bench, replaced by Antonio Shalfoon (Tasman Mako) for what will be his Super Rugby debut.