• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Highlanders in for another beautiful try while the blues are getting what sounds like their last warning for penalties around the lineout/maul. Blues could be In for a long afternoon here.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
How many commentators do we have punishing us? Four or five? Regardless, two commentators is all you need, with a sideline person just chipping in with sideline info as required (injuries and subs). This is just obnoxious.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Highlanders in for another beautiful try while the blues are getting what sounds like their last warning for penalties around the lineout/maul. Blues could be In for a long afternoon here.

Blues go coast to coast on the half and the Highlanders cop a yellow card to boot. That's a lot of effort just to make me look like an idiot.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Oof. That would've been a delicious exit play if Sullivan had been able to nab that 50-22.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The deep brain fissure punishment of Joe Wheeler exacerbated tonight by the alingual presence of Sonny Bill Skullbirth ffs what have we done to deserve those 2 drongos

Stodgy 1st half from the Bloos but then Perofuture goes Cully 96 ingoal jailbreak and suddenly The Lotus Blossoms In The Summer Moon As The Serpent Coils Unto Death And All Is Light And Harmony Upon God's Creation.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The deep brain fissure punishment of Joe Wheeler exacerbated tonight by the alingual presence of Sonny Bill Skullbirth ffs what have we done to deserve those 2 drongos

Stodgy 1st half from the Bloos but then Perofuture goes Cully 96 ingoal jailbreak and suddenly The Lotus Blossoms In The Summer Moon As The Serpent Coils Unto Death And All Is Light And Harmony Upon God's Creation.
F*** me Wheeler and Turunui in commentary box were abysmal, no fellas you aren't comedians , so don't try and be one. And SBW is someone I am amzaed that Stan let near a mike!For Blues I thought they has Cotter's fingerprints all over their game, do the mahi first and then let the ball move. They certainly looked to be working in the collision area in first half.
For the Clan, a lot to like about thei lot, and appear on right trajectory, they will knock over a few teams this year, and are setting up for a good future with the young un's from the area. Oh and Patchell was good buy!

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Blues loosies were impressive. Zarn class at fullback again - his game screams test rugby. Conversely I don't think Perofeta is a test 10 but I enjoy watching him at 10 for the Blues - much better than Beauden of recent seasons.

Highlanders are much improved when you consider last season they lost 57-15 to Crusaders in the Super Round.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
F*** me Wheeler and Turunui in commentary box were abysmal, no fellas you aren't comedians , so don't try and be one. And SBW is someone I am amzaed that Stan let near a mike!For Blues I thought they has Cotter's fingerprints all over their game, do the mahi first and then let the ball move. They certainly looked to be working in the collision area in first half.
For the Clan, a lot to like about thei lot, and appear on right trajectory, they will knock over a few teams this year, and are setting up for a good future with the young un's from the area. Oh and Patchell was good buy!
I found the Highlanders much more impressive than the Blues in that game, result aside. Doing more with less. Pratchell's slotted in really nicely. The Blues should have steamrolled the Highlanders with that squad. Not sure they're entirely unlocking their strike weapons. Telea looked like he was tied up in more pick n' gos than he was often in open play (which is some credit to the Highlanders defence). Their maul defence needs work. The Highlanders got some good pay out of theirs. I also feel like they overplay that no look flick out the back pass of theirs. I expect more from the Blues.