• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Don't we all, @molman...

... except their actual fans, of course :D
:)... must be a little infuriating. So much talent year after year. Maybe that's the problem. Lack the graft and focus that other teams need to apply when they don't have so many gifted players. When they're on they look unstoppable. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how Cotter goes with them this season.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Fuck me….huge old man ‘get off my grass’ vibes on this thread :D

Love SBW and the whole commentary team were good. Super Rugby is in the entertainment business and having commentators who are relaxed, having a bit of banter and enjoying the game is what the broadcast needs. Look at the TNT team for the NBA with Barkey, Shaq, Kenny and Ernie.

Some of you are still living in the 50s

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Love SBW and the whole commentary team were good. Super Rugby is in the entertainment business and having commentators who are relaxed, having a bit of banter and enjoying the game is what the broadcast needs. Look at the TNT team for the NBA with Barkey, Shaq, Kenny and Ernie.

A lot of NBA comms offer - shock horror - actual in-game analysis. X's and O's. The stuff us dopes don't pick up on at home. They add value to the broadcast.

JK, Wheeler and SBW add nothing to the broadcast that we cant already see.

You may as well turn off the telly and go sit next to the 3 dumbest blokes in the pub. "Da boyz are up4 this"

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Fuck me….huge old man ‘get off my grass’ vibes on this thread :D

Some of you are still living in the 50s
F*** off, I will have you know I am right up here in the 60s!!!! :rolleyes:
To be honest Wheeler should be used as he usually is here, that's someone who wanders around the crowd, or the pubs to talk to the punters.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Something, something, something, spiders, something, something, the boys are playing good code, something, something, something, boomfa, something, something, spiders again, something, something, hahaha I used to be a pro player but now I'm not hahaha, something, something, something, spiders yet fucking again because I have a whip and everything looks like a horse.

Common Super Rugby commentators L.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
:)... must be a little infuriating. So much talent year after year. Maybe that's the problem. Lack the graft and focus that other teams need to apply when they don't have so many gifted players. When they're on they look unstoppable. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how Cotter goes with them this season.

Lack of graft doesn't seem to be an issue under Cotter. He has them working hard - especially the pack.

RemainingInTheGame

Peter Burge (5)
Something, something, something, spiders, something, something, the boys are playing good code, something, something, something, boomfa, something, something, spiders again, something, something, hahaha I used to be a pro player but now I'm not hahaha, something, something, something, spiders yet fucking again because I have a whip and everything looks like a horse.

Common Super Rugby commentators L.
What the hell was the bloody 'spiders' thing they kept coming back to?

I couldn't understand the reference or gag.

SBW must have been reading the dictionary in the off season, some pretty big words there.

To be honest, I thought SBW was the best commentator they had (JK seemed to say nothing at all!).

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Lack of graft doesn't seem to be an issue under Cotter. He has them working hard - especially the pack.
Not sure it was clearcut. Good ball retention with the weight of possession, high ruck security and at times good ruck speed (though I'm not sure it was consistent), but in defence the Highlanders were better making not only twice as many tackles but completing their tackles more successfully than the Blues whilst conceding less penalties overall.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
errorsbw.png