• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I know Blues will be pretty warm favourites, but I still thinking we could go ok. Not sure who will replace JB, guessing Riley Higgins, unless Baylan Sullivan si good and goes to 13 , then move Proctor into 12. I suspect if Kirifi and Flanders still out we may hurt a bit, but would also be interested to see how Iose and Sotutu match up head to head too. Think out tighties will be ok (which is not something normally said about Canes) so I will be looking forward to it!

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I know Blues will be pretty warm favourites

I dunno about warm favourites, seems pretty close to a 50-50 to me.

The bookies may have Blues as favourites but so early in the season I wouldn't read too much into that (see the odds for Crusaders vs Waratahs).

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I dunno about warm favourites, seems pretty close to a 50-50 to me.

The bookies may have Blues as favourites but so early in the season I wouldn't read too much into that (see the odds for Crusaders vs Waratahs).
Yeah, seems like a very tight one with the Hurricanes coming in very well prepared now and with a monster of a scrum. Blues will need to start a bit faster than they did against the Highlanders or they'll have a harder time clawing back the lead.

Injury (and potential All Black rest) might make a big difference here. Kirifi's return would go a fair way to turn things for the Cane's, as solid as their ruck work was last weekend they were missing the precision of an out and out fetcher.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
DRUA (1-15): Haereiti Hetet, Tevita Ikanivere, Jone Koroiduadua, Mesake Vocevoce, Ratu Leone Rotuisolia, Etonia Waqa, Vilive Miramira, Meli Derenalagi (c), Frank Lomani, Isaiah Armstrong-Ravula, Epeli Momo, Apisalome Vota, Iosefo Masi, Selestino Ravutaumada, Ilaisa Droasese

RESERVES: Mesulame Dolokoto, Livai Natave, Mesake Doge, Te Ahiwaru Cirikidaveta, Elia Canakaivata, Simione Kuruvoli, Kemu Valetini, Junior Ratuva

CRUSADERS (1-15): George Bower, George Bell, Fletcher Newell, Scott Barrett (c), Quinten Strange, Dominic Gardiner, Tom Christie, Cullen Grace, Willi Heinz, Taha Kemara, Manasa Mataele, David Havili, Levi Aumua, Sevu Reece, Chay Fihaki

RESERVES: Ioane Moananu, Kershawl Sykes-Martin, Seb Calder, Jamie Hannah, Tahlor Cahill, Mitchell Drummond, Jone Rova, Riley Hohepa

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes: Ruben Love, Josh Moorby, Billy Proctor (co-capt), Riley Higgins, Kini Naholo, Brett Cameron, Cam Roigard, Brayden Iose, Peter Lakai, TK Howden, Isaia Walker-Leawere, James Tucker, Tyrel Lomax, Asafo Aumua (co-capt), Tevita Mafileo. Reserves: James O’Reilly, Xavier Numia, Pasilio Tosi, Caleb Delany, Devan Flanders, TJ Perenara, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Salesi Rayasi.

Blues: Zarn Sullivan, Mark Tele’a, Rieko Ioane, Harry Plummer, AJ Lam, Stephen Perofeta, Finlay Christie, Akira Ioane, Dalton Papali’i, Anton Segner, Cameron Suafoa, Laghlan McWhannell, Marcel Renata, Kurt Eklund, Joshua Fusitu’a. Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Jordan Lay, Angus Ta’avao, Josh Beehre, Hoskins Sotutu, Adrian Choat, Taufa Funaki, Cole Forbes.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was suggesting warm favourites (not hot) with JB being out and still no Kirifi, although happy that Flanders is back on bench.
Still backing Canes myself.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Seems to be a big merry-go-round in the Blues forwards, even with the injuries. Good to see Suafoa and Segner getting their opportunities though.

Plummer is an adequate at 12, but I would like to see Evans given a go. Though I suspect that might come against less stern opposition. Maybe in two weeks time when we're back at Eden Park.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Seems to be a big merry-go-round in the Blues forwards, even with the injuries. Good to see Suafoa and Segner getting their opportunities though.

Plummer is an adequate at 12, but I would like to see Evans given a go. Though I suspect that might come against less stern opposition. Maybe in two weeks time when we're back at Eden Park.
Nothing brings so much shared joy to the entire super rugby fan base as a struggling Crusaders.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Reckon the merry-go-round is so Cotter can keep them playing the way they are. They seem to be going high collision rugby especially first half, and you need to keep players reasonably fresh for that kind of rugby. Good stuff in my opinion. Clan moving their around in first couple of weeks to (before injury and babies forced more change)

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)

Evans is too small for 12 in my opinion.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So good to see the Drua playing in Fiji. Playing away they really take their times to build into games but at home they're switched on and keyed into their natural game form kick off. Crusaders look a bit under the pump with the pace and power already.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Maybe too up for it actually, Drua are really going after the Crusaders but they're starting to look a little scattered and ill-disciplined as a result. Need to settle just enough to unleash their weapons.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Drua looking like they're finding their groove. Still throwing too many hero balls but all the same they're looking a bit inevitable now. Crusaders are going to have to find a way to slow this game right down in the second half all they'll be run off the park.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
TJ no longer calling Cantabs games. Too distraught. The Dynasty a fading memory. Poor TJ. Won't SOMEONE spare a thought for TJ. His heroes now a razorless rabble. He used to have Mccaw and Dan Carter. Now he's got a kumara and a giant wuss named Quentin. I could go on.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
TJ no longer calling Cantabs games. Too distraught. The Dynasty a fading memory. Poor TJ. Won't SOMEONE spare a thought for TJ. His heroes now a razorless rabble. He used to have Mccaw and Dan Carter. Now he's got a kumara and a giant wuss named Quentin. I could go on.
Or is it because games fron Fiji come under Stan's broadcasting so using Aussie coms? ;)