• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rnd 3: Brumbies vs Rebels, Sat 06/03/21

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Mar 6, 2021 7:45 PM, GIO Stadium Canberra

It's this week's free-to-air game on GEM!

Any news on players returning for this week?

I'm guessing Uelese will be out, is Chibba available yet?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Interesting game, if the Brumbies dont make mistakes they will put rebels to the sword, but if they get on the wrong side of the ref it could be a long night.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Uelese out for 3-4 weeks.

Van Nek is out for 3 months.

Don't think anyone is returning from the injury ward.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Injuries and Brumby form firmly cast the Rebels as thge underdog.

Shit, thats a fair casualty ward. Chibba should be available this week. Need another reserve prop ASAP.

Positional changes lads?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some second row reinforcements for the bench. Callas and RHP should be available.

Also a utility back available that’s not in the form of a scrum half.

Well that’s my realistic hope anyway

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Albert Anae likely to start?
I thought I saw RHP was playing in Japan???
I think they will go with Eloff at LH again after he performed well last week and prob Anae off the bench.

RHP is in the squad, but as usual been contending with some knocks

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
1. Cabous Eloff
2. James Hanson
3. Pone Fa'amausili
4. Ross Haylett-Petty
5. Trevor Hosea
6. Josh Kemeny
7. Richard Hardwick
8. Michael Wells
9. Joe Powell
10. Matt To'omua (C)
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Reece Hodge
13. Stacey Ili
14. Lachie Anderson
15. Tom Pincus
16. Ed Craig
17. Isaac Aedo Kailea
18. Lucio Sordoni
19. Steve Cummins
20. Rob Leota
21. TBC
22. Frank Lomani
23. Glen Vaihu

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Excited for Kemeny to get a full game, big fan of him. Who will be named at 21?
Can look out for some info, most likely hopeful Wilkin makes a quicker than expected recovery, but more likely to see Nowlan for a 6/2 split.

The naming order of the bench looks like Lomani will be picked as a 9. Otherwise he’d be named as 23 to indicate back 3 coverage.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Can look out for some info, most likely hopeful Wilkin makes a quicker than expected recovery, but more likely to see Nowlan for a 6/2 split.

The naming order of the bench looks like Lomani will be picked as a 9. Otherwise he’d be named as 23 to indicate back 3 coverage.
Who’s Nowlan?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

Yeah. TBC would be Wilkin if fit, otherwise Tuttle.

Great to see Chibba back. He should look good in the Big V :D

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Should of been I Melbourne. What is the word on Uelese looked like just a knock to the shin

It's virtually a home game for the Rebels after being here in Canberra for the past 3 - 4 weeks. And gives them free rein under current restrictions to head to Perth next week. I'm sure the players are all over their travel issues atm, wouldn't it be nice if you could also let the issue die.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It's virtually a home game for the Rebels after being here in Canberra for the past 3 - 4 weeks. And gives them free rein under current restrictions to head to Perth next week. I'm sure the players are all over their travel issues atm, wouldn't it be nice if you could also let the issue die.

I'm very grateful for the Brumbies for hosting the Rebels for the past month and I'm thankful we've kept Super Rugby alive despite difficult border restrictions.

Doesn't take away the fact that the Rebels have been on the road for a completely unplanned spontaneous month. Can't be easy and will definitely affect their performances.

Brums by 20+

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Scott Sio
2. Connal McInerney
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Darcy Swain
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Rob Valetini
7. Jahrome Brown
8. Pete Samu
9. Nic White
10. Noah Lolesio
11. Mack Hansen
12. Irae Simone
13. Len Ikitau
14. Andy Muirhead
15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS
16. Lachlan Lonergan
17. Harry Lloyd
18. Tom Ross
19. James Tucker*
20. Tom Cusack
21. Ryan Lonergan
22. Reesjan Pasitoa
23. Solomone Kata

Slipper hurt his knee at training on Tuesday and hopefully only out for a few weeks.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Have nothing but respect for the brumbies as a kid in Melbourne when I first played rugby Brumbies were the team I supported

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
BJ, any leads on why Tucker is on the bench in Frost's place? Also, heartening to see Kata on the bench - hard on Fines though.