• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rnd 3: Brumbies vs Rebels, Sat 06/03/21

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Ponies lineout was ordinary relative to their usual day out. Lost at least a couple in areas they would maul from, so probably affected the margin.

https://www.espn.com.au/rugby/matchstats?gameId=593077&league=289272

According to the above, 12 from 15 Brumbies and I'd say all of the stray throws happened after Mcinerney went off.

Rebels 11 from 12 apparently.

Penalties were a high count for what I thought was a fairly fast moving game, being 14-13 conceded.

Typical bloody ref. You try and play the game and they want to get all technical and in to the details!:p

:oops: I confess I was being lazy and couldn't be bother explaining about the crappy throws in the mix.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
7 red cards by half time and he will have chased at least another 5 players around the field to try and punch them in the face.

...and bitchslapped at least one of the touchies for not paying attention. Would love to see how he dealt with that voice in his head. TMO check...chec.....

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I know my hardline stance on offside and yellow cards will be unpopular, but at least I'll know what a fucking scrum penalty looks like.

When you make it to Super speak up. That's a game I'm going to and I won't be supporting a team. I'll going for the bloke in the middle. :eek:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
When you make it to Super speak up. That's a game I'm going to and I won't be supporting a team. I'll going for the bloke in the middle. :eek:

Don't think that'll happen - need to run a Bronco in under 5 minutes and so far I'm 130 seconds shy of that :D

Reactions: dru

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well I don’t know that I’ll tell you anything you don’t know, but he highlighted -
- they had significant squad turnover
- they were unable to secure a trial until right at the end
- part of their squad joined them very late
- they were forced to leave Melbourne on two hours notice. Some if the players had to advise their partners from the road that they had gone. They haven’t been home since
- they had had a single training session at their normal home facility

That is not to say Wessels presented those facts as excuses - he was adamant both this week and last that they were there to win, had opportunities to win and that they had to be good enough to take them, but he did point out that the squad had been forced to be pragmatic and adopt a relatively narrow/conservative game plan based on defence & field position to win. He did say last week that they planned to work on the intricacies of their attack with a view to being more expansive going forward.

I understand your point and know we have been somewhat limited but I would still like to see the on field leaders take control two weeks in a row we have had an extra player for 20 minutes and failed to capitalise