• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU - Semi Final - Reds v Reb

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
How shit is it that there's no after match discussion on Fox. Wouldn't cost a cent. Don't like that 5 minutes after a cracking semifinal I'm left staring at myself covered in dorito dust reflected in the black tv screen.

Fox has done the bare minimum this year to help Rugby, I want a broadcaster that's actually likes the sport.

Always turn off anyway to get away from the droning on of Kearns and Kafer. I honestly think The ratings would be higher if there was a better commentary team

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
How shit is it that there's no after match discussion on Fox. Wouldn't cost a cent. Don't like that 5 minutes after a cracking semifinal I'm left staring at myself covered in dorito dust reflected in the black tv screen.

Fox has done the bare minimum this year to help Rugby, I want a broadcaster that's actually likes the sport.

Not a fan of womens golf?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The physicality was really high tonight. We should be a real chance in these Bledislodes.
The All Blacks won't be phased by physicality alone, we need the polish the finish the job. It's hard to judge with Super Rugby Aotearoa and Super Rugby AU functioning in isolation. But hell, it's a start!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Don't disagree with posters who nominated Duagunu as MOTM, but Matt Philip surely put in the best Wallabies audition. In everything, and never took a backward step. His front on tackle of Tupou at full speed was a match highlight.

Also, called the lineouts and I can't remember any going astray (probably one or two did but they don't spring to mind).

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
It's an independent medical assessment. Bit rough to cast aspersions on the probity of it.

100%. For me, just an opinion, Tate shouldn’t have been allowed back on. Once your off your off. Makes the game more interesting.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
100%. For me, just an opinion, Tate shouldn’t have been allowed back on. Once your off your off. Makes the game more interesting.
Disagree. Team shouldn't be punished for a player having an HIA. How would you feel if your team's player went off for a "maybe" illegal head contact that didn't get picked up or penalised, and you had to play one short? Not happy, I'd bet.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Assailant the Rebellious
Worthy and resilient indeed
Now as ascendancy awaits
Stands a wild, free steed
The path to supremacy
It will rampage to impede.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Disagree. Team shouldn't be punished for a player having an HIA. How would you feel if your team's player went off for a "maybe" illegal head contact that didn't get picked up or penalised, and you had to play one short? Not happy, I'd bet.

By that logic a team shouldn’t be punished for any injury. It’s part of the game.

A sub is a risk reward scenario.

For the record I’m upset at anything maybe that goes against my team... maybe forward passes, knock one etc.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The All Blacks won't be phased by physicality alone, we need the polish the finish the job. It's hard to judge with Super Rugby Aotearoa and Super Rugby AU functioning in isolation. But hell, it's a start!
I thought that NZ's outside backs really excelled in the north-south basketball game they played, and really showed where we are lacking in talent. We have a tonne of forward talent i reckon, but not so much in the outside backs. Good to see MK and Daugunu kill it in a high pressure game.

Rum aint my drink - more a whiskey man. Also pulled it back a little.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
By that logic a team shouldn’t be punished for any injury. It’s part of the game.

For the record I’m upset at anything maybe that goes against my team. maybe forward passes, knock one etc.
So much to unpack in that post, not sure where to begin.
I might just let it go.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
The commentary team are as bad as ever. They made a fair comment when Wilson went off that he had been well contained, but then proceeded to say that Nasirani had shut him down all night. I didn’t realise the forwards all ran at their opposite number the whole time.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Excellent game that one and a great advertisement for the sport in OZ. I think we just stay the course with our own comp, because if that's the kind of footy we can dish up it will bring the punters back.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It seemed a bit dodgy at first but on the replay of the tackle he does seem to cop a hip to the head.

maybe he had a head injury and a leg injury at the same time???

He looked to cop Magnays shoulder to his head when he was tackling Koroibete, he was slow to get up and clutching his head when that happened.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

For the record I’m upset at anything maybe that goes against my team. maybe forward passes, knock one etc.

Nah I’m all for it, medical evidence now proves concussions are an enormous threat to players of contact sports, the current HIA protocols are absolutely correct. What we don't want is players refusing to go off and risking further brain injuries because they don’t want to let the team down.

We also don’t want put additional pressure on the independent medical practitioners on the sideline because they decide to remove a player for a HIA assessment, which then adversely impacts the team. They aren’t their to change the course of the games, simply their to protect the players health.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Excellent game that one and a great advertisement for the sport in OZ. I think we just stay the course with our own comp, because if that's the kind of footy we can dish up it will bring the punters back.

Excellent game, and you right great quality, but like in NZ you will find after a year or so 5 team comp would wear pretty thin.

Have to say I was surprised how well Rebels went, but they sure put up a fight. And as I said on other thread, this was 4th game in a row I watched yesterday and still held my interest. Although I very happy with Reds winning of course.