• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby R4 Reds v Blues

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reds return to Lang Park for 7:45pm kick off on Friday 4th June.

Blues top the table, Reds have a 6 day turn around but are back home in Brisbane. Brad was disappointed with the bench and the opening that gave to an unlikely Chiefs come back. But we have our first Australian win in the TT.

The Blues played well against the Brumbies with a big second half and finished strongly.

If the bench determines the game it is favour Blues, but the Reds are starting to fire again.

Let's go Reds!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thinking Reds will fancy their chances in this game. You would think they will be feeling pretty pleased with win on Saturday, and you just know Thorn will be saying more of the bloody same.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hopefully Tu'ungufasi, Darry, and Nock are back for this one. Some extra forward strength off the bench will be helpful, I think. As will not having Ruru on the field.

Game plan wise, just continue the sensible approach from the Rebels and Brumbies matches.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oh hi guyz, just popping in to keep everyone apprised on a daily basis of the league ladder situation:

bluestable.png

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Crusaders have been behind the penthouse Blues for a full three weeks now. tbh I'm surprised Robertson either hasn't committed ritual suicide or been overthrown in some sort of bloody palace Orangetheory Stadium coup.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
The Crusaders have been behind the penthouse Blues for a full three weeks now. tbh I'm surprised Robertson either hasn't committed ritual suicide or been overthrown in some sort of bloody palace Orangetheory Stadium coup.

Sounds like an Auckland coup to get Razor sacked so he's ready to step into Ian Fosters position later this year!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Top Aussie side v Top Kiwi team. Should be exciting, will probably be more Blues supporters a Suncorp than Reds fans too.

I think Liam Wright is a better option off the bench, bring him on at 60mins for ASY (Angus Scott-Young) or Smith. He's actually caused a few headaches at the selection table since he's returned as we carry light lock options on the bench to have him and Uru along with the back row for the majority of Aus Super Rugby. I'd like Blyth to be the back up lock and get rid of one of our excess flankers.

Henry was very good on Saturday so should keep his spot at 12.

Is Campbell injured? I'd like him back but thought Hegarty had one of his better games on the weekend.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
If the Cantabs could scurry around Suncorp the other weekend like acid lab test-monkeys with sparklers stuck up their arses then so can the fucken Blues.

First though, it's the usual 1st hour of Route 1 molestation. Just forwards carpet bombing around the 22, steamrolling pod bludgeon brutality. Maybe distract Thor with some candied flavoured treats.

Then, after an hour of unrelenting wave after wave of 33rpm bonegrinding in a 45rpm world, once the Reds are confused and disoriented and have lost their will to live and Thor has wandered off to the concession stand, unleash the funnycar firepower out wide and go full benzine guzzling Jailbreak Blitzkreig Offload Cyclone Mania to secure YET ANOTHER Boom Chucka Lucka Bonus Point.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Then, after an hour of unrelenting wave after wave of 33rpm bonegrinding in a 45rpm world, once the Reds are confused and disoriented and have lost their will to live and Thor has wandered off to the concession stand, unleash the funnycar firepower out wide and go full benzine guzzling Jailbreak Blitzkreig Offload Cyclone Mania to secure YET ANOTHER Boom Chucka Lucka Bonus Point.

For any Australian's struggling here, a more concise description is "on comes Akira".

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
it will be the bench where there are changes for the Reds, subject to injury.

Mafi for Nasser
Hoopert for Zander
Asiata for Zonggorr
Sorovi for Thomas
Campbell for Droasese

McReight probably swaps with Wright.

Those changes should hopefully prevent another 60 minutes drop off. Much stronger bench.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
This could be the best game of the round robin.

Reds have some physicality to combat the Blues. Reds can move the ball around which causes Blues defense problems (see Tahs game).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This could be the best game of the round robin.

Reds have some physicality to combat the Blues. Reds can move the ball around which causes Blues defense problems (see Tahs game).

From what I saw in Super Ao, if the Blues forwards don't provide a dominant platform the Blues can struggle a bit.