• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby R4 Reds v Blues

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Loss Bleus' biggest weakness is at 9 & 10 (& 12 if Faiane isn't there). Disrupt them there & it really doesn't matter who's out wide or coming off the bench, they're basically rudderless.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And there seems to be only one hyphenated name!! Where the double bangers for christ sake!!!

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
From what I saw in Super Ao, if the Blues forwards don't provide a dominant platform the Blues can struggle a bit.

Agreed - although Blues backline is better balanced now than what they rolled out in SRA with no Ruru at 9, Faiane at 12 and Zarn at 15.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sometimes the story is more important. Would have been great for him to be on the bench this weekend for the Reds, :(

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Blues named.

Blues: Zarn Sullivan, Bryce Heem, Rieko Ioane, TJ Faiane, Mark Telea, Otere Black, Finlay Christie; Akira Ioane, Dalton Papalii, Tom Robinson, Patrick Tuipulotu (capt), Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Ofa Tuungafasi, Kurt Eklund, Karl Tu’inukuafe.

Reserves: Soane Vikena, Alex Hodgman, Nepo Laulala, Jacob Pierce, Hoskins Sotutu, Jonathan Ruru, Harry Plummer, AJ Lam.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Reds:
1. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Ryan Smith – Brothers
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Liam Wright – Easts (co-captain)
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers (co-captain)
11. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
12. Isaac Henry – Wests
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Suliasi Vunivalu – Wests
15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

16. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
17. Dane Zander – Norths
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
19. Angus Blyth – Bond University
20. Sam Wallis – University of Queensland
21. Moses Sorovi – Wests
22. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
23. Ilaisa Droasese – Wests

Uru, Mcreight and Thomas out for Blyth, Wallis and Sorovi.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What's the word on Wallis? Losing a lot of quality off the bench with Uru & McReight gone. Are they injured?

No detail in the reds article. Wallis is promising from what I've seen, looks like they've really gone for size with those changes, which is not the worst choice, though I probably would've retained Uru over Wallis.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
What's the word on Wallis? Losing a lot of quality off the bench with Uru & McReight gone. Are they injured?

Others will be able to comment on his form but he's been on the bench for QLD a couple of times earlier in the year from memory and either got no minutes or next to no minutes. With Blythe on the bench we have no cover for our backrow at all unlike with Uru. Based on how exhausted Wright and Wilson looked ast weekend I can see Wallis being used a lot earlier.