• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 3: Brumbies v Waratahs in Canberra

Bono

Frank Row (1)
Newsome is utter dogshit.
Imagine coaching a team to win the comp while knowing your fullback can’t catch the ball, doesn’t want to tackle and has no discernible x-factor whatsoever
Pretty harsh - hope he doesn't see this!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The other takeaway for the Tahs: stop giving away silly penalties, and help wear down the opposition EDIT by trapping them in their half.

The defensive framework looks good in terms of completions, and the Brumbies kicked a fair bit because they didn't have everything their own way.

Didn’t Donaldson set up two tries in the second half?

Assists for both. He just needs to work on consistency and putting himself in charge of the game from the start. The fluffed clearance right at the outset gave the Brumbies their early score. Later in the game he was set well behind the line with two forwards in the way - Grant's pass wasn't the best but it shows he still needs to grow into the role.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Also Mods: this 30 second posting gap is quite restrictive when I'm trying to point out everything evil about the Ponies during live streaming. It is quite the catalogue to unleash in these circumstances.

Can we do something about that?

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
On a more positive note. Good to see Holloway getting full games without injury. He playing the TH lock role very well indeed. No Retallick but giving young Dougo a chance to learn the trade.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Also Mods: this 30 second posting gap is quite restrictive when I'm trying to point out everything evil about the Ponies during live streaming. It is quite the catalogue to unleash in these circumstances.

Can we do something about that?
I'm guessing it's to stop gibberers.

Reactions: TSR

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i'm not going to post about the refereeing as that's not what's frustrating

watching the tahs of the past 3 (4?) weeks put up that effort tonight was just frustrating to watch. ill-discipline, lack of cohesion and allowing the ponies to dictate the game is not what they've served up the past few weeks. two tough losses will help their development but they should be kicking themselves for falling off their early season approach.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Shit I just realised I have to change my profile pic, I’m now amongst gods. M Lynagh. Poido got an overextended tenure because I couldn’t justify David Codey for captaining 1 test and when I did a search there wasn’t a picture of him anywhere anyway. I’ll put my Sir Lynagh pic up tomorrow.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

watching the tahs of the past 3 (4?) weeks put up that effort tonight was just frustrating to watch. ill-discipline, lack of cohesion and allowing the ponies to dictate the game is not what they've served up the past few weeks. two tough losses will help their development but they should be kicking themselves for falling off their early season approach.

The Reds and Brumbies in the wet was a significant step up from the Drua on a dry evening.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

It’s frustrating but also encouraging. Vast improvement on the garbage dished up for the last 5 years.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yes and I get that you've let a lot of them in here. I'm sure you (as a group) didn't mean to and I'm not going to take it personally.

However, you're really holding back the quality content I can bring when the muse takes me.
I'll get the intern who's in charge of "muse" material right on it.
Have you met Monsieur Pilloque?

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Tah’s doing well enough to have you tuning in and watching next week.

That was pretty much a full strength Brumbies side as well. Tah’s missing a few forwards.

Good structure in defence so great foundation, still look a little lost for structure in attack. Rugby IQ is improving noting Peres choices to hold or offload were much improved tonight.

Also what has happened to Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)?