• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby RD 8: Rebels v Force

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Seriously?

As an impartial I gotta say he’s right. Rebels should have won that but final execution was absolutely appalling. To'omua was horrible. But all credit to the Force who stuck it out and won it tough, fair, and square. That was one for the purists, that’s for sure.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
As an impartial I gotta say he’s right. Rebels should have won that but final execution was absolutely appalling. To'omua was horrible. But all credit to the Force who stuck it out and won it tough, fair, and square. That was one for the purists, that’s for sure.
Honestly lost to a team that didn’t look like making any thing in attack. Rebels shocking tactics but give the feel of the game should of won by 20.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Mate did you think that game was good? If so, please seek help.

Mate if you can't be happy for the Force you are a muppet. We are still building our way back in Super Rugby. You sound like you just want to pile on with negativity. Obviously still hurt from losing players to the Force when we first came into the comp.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
CrippleFight15.jpg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
When have the Rebels ever, and i mean ever, performaned as a team to the ability of their composite parts?

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Honestly lost to a team that didn’t look like making any thing in attack. Rebels shocking tactics but give the feel of the game should of won by 20.

thats the nature of our rivalry. Its always been close, it's always been gritty. This time we came out on top. Lets not talk like the Rebels are world beaters.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Mate if you can't be happy for the Force you are a muppet. We are still building our way back in Super Rugby. You sound like you just want to pile on with negativity. Obviously still hurt from losing players to the Force when we first came into the comp.

Won’t deny I’m negative on the Force and their squad, I’ve made that clear all year.

Tell me, as an Australian rugby fan, which Force players am I supposed to be excited about after tonight?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Okay without sounding like a crazy looney. My two cents on the game is the Rebels look like a team that’s caved to the pressure of “not been able to score try’s”. This has lead to some brainless tactical play and decisions. They have gone from a scoreboard pressure team in the first few weeks to a team that’s trying to prove a point. The simple facts are they aren’t good enough to be anything more than a scoreboard pressure team. There isn’t anything wrong with been a smart team instead of an entertaining team, the fact is more people will walk away from that game disappointed they didn’t win through smart footy than loosing by scoring try’s.

The force are as tough as nails but never looked like breaking the halfway line unless given territory. They deserve to win the game through playing it smart, despite been outplayed however they were not outsmarted and at the end of the day that’s what mattered. The Rebels could learn a thing or two from their first two games and the game against the Tahs where scoreboard pressure mattered