• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby RD 8: Rebels v Force

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok, well after a good nights sleep and as a nuetral my take on game was that Force deserved the win because probably the Rebels were so devoid of attacking ideas they wouldn't know how to move a team around and create gaps. I thought Force were ok, but that wasn't a very hard defensive game when basically you just wait for opposition to run to you, I thought To'omua (a player I a but of a fan of) was so ordinary, and there appeared to be noone outside him that looked capable of creating anything. I was watching right to end, but even when it got frenetic at end, did anyone actually think Rebels looked like they were comfortable in attack. As I said I thought Force were ok, and no more, but I think for a game to get a better quality, I think the teams have to realise that running and passing doesn't make for a good attack, but you need to create deception, move the opposition defence around and cause mismatches.
One thing what is going on when Jeremy Thrush is picking off opposition throws? Can't remember him ever doing it for the Canes!:mad:
Anyway, club rugby day boys, so I will get out and in the rain and wind and by tonight I maybe over the feeling of disappointment!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The crowd definitely thought Anstee was culpable and had time to adjust a very clumsy charge down.

I think TK and Godwin probably won it for the Force. They were club standard with the pill but their midfield defence snuffed out every Rebels attack. Very determined throughout.

Shithouse game all up. It's pretty sobering watching from the stands - no pizzazz or excitement. There was one linebreak in 80 minutes, which says a lot about both teams.

Also awful seeing serious injuries. Hodge and To'omua looked very sick, but the Force bloke who tackled with his forehead was the worst. I hope he's ok as it looked very serious, with full spine protocols being used. It's a bit harder to watch at the ground when you can't change the channel or go to the kitchen!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The crowd definitely thought Anstee was culpable and had time to adjust a very clumsy charge down.

I think TK and Godwin probably won it for the Force. They were club standard with the pill but their midfield defence snuffed out every Rebels attack. Very determined throughout.

Shithouse game all up. It's pretty sobering watching from the stands - no pizzazz or excitement. There was one linebreak in 80 minutes, which says a lot about both teams.

Also awful seeing serious injuries. Hodge and To'omua looked very sick, but the Force bloke who tackled with his forehead was the worst. I hope he's ok as it looked very serious, with full spine protocols being used. It's a bit harder to watch at the ground when you can't change the channel or go to the kitchen!

Probably not really the kind of game that will be used to promote the game huh Tex? Shame as rugby needs games in Melbourne to be reasonably attractive to get people to switch onto it. I was interested that at game it obviously looked no better than tv. and if there no atmosphere it will not encourage anyone but rusted on fans back.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Dan54 in the first few years we were averaging ~16-20k crowds. Now it's a good game with Aukland or Wellington if we can scrape 12k. I was telling my brother as we trudged out that even the ropey years at the start were better than this. We played exciting footy, even with a bunch of retirees and Cipriani with his foot half-in the nightclub.

Oh well, onwards to next week!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dan54 in the first few years we were averaging ~16-20k crowds. Now it's a good game with Aukland or Wellington if we can scrape 12k. I was telling my brother as we trudged out that even the ropey years at the start were better than this. We played exciting footy, even with a bunch of retirees and Cipriani with his foot half-in the nightclub.

Oh well, onwards to next week!

Mate and I like your attitude, park that one and move on! A good supporter does that.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
If Hodge is out I guess Pincus moves back into the FB position do the Rebel's have any backs left they can bring onto the bench.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Rebels supporters please pass on my condolences to Joe Barker, Boe Jarker or any of his other trolling FB accounts.

I don't really understand what this whole 'Joe Barker' grievance is or why its relevant in here, but since you brought it up i noticed that a person with a grievance against 'Joe Barker' also went onto the Rebels Wikipedia page and made a whole lot of edits criticising the Rebels.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I don't really understand what this whole 'Joe Barker' grievance is or why its relevant in here, but since you brought it up i noticed that a person with a grievance against 'Joe Barker' also went onto the Rebels Wikipedia page and made a whole lot of edits criticising the Rebels.

Joe Barker got a few mentions in response to Rebels Facebook post too.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm back bitches

Shigginometry 101, class is defiantly back in session!

But first a quick detour.....

shigginsmeme.jpg

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
If Hodge is out I guess Pincus moves back into the FB position do the Rebel's have any backs left they can bring onto the bench.

I asked a question on Rebels 2021 post about an English back we have on loan George Worth, so he is a possibility. Rebels also have ex-Storm and Gold Coast Titan Young Tonumaipea.

Also Campbell Magnay must be due backfrom injury soon.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Totally agree.
How easy it is to forget that the WF lost 7 out of 8 local players who had been developed from local Perth Club rugby when the WF was axed <4 years ago.
RA also instructed the WF NOT to recruit from other Super Rugby teams in both 2020 and 2021.
Where else were the WF expected to go but OS?
The best of the local lads are already in the squad.

Robertson, Kuridrani, McDonald?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I asked a question on Rebels 2021 post about an English back we have on loan George Worth, so he is a possibility. Rebels also have ex-Storm and Gold Coast Titan Young Tonumaipea.

Also Campbell Magnay must be due backfrom injury soon.

I don't think you need to find a back. You could play a prop or a hooker in the back line and we wouldn't notice the difference and it could be the solution to the long cut out passing issue! :p

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think he was referring to aggressive recruitment. Robertson wanted out, Kuridrani was second fiddle to Ikitau and McDonald was ours.

Have to laugh. Some people complain when we recruit aggressively a la 2005. Some people complain when we don't and look elsewhere. Some complain at both. No pleasing some.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think he was referring to aggressive recruitment. Robertson wanted out, Kuridrani was second fiddle to Ikitau and McDonald was ours.

Have to laugh. Some people complain when we recruit aggressively a la 2005. Some Different people complain when we don't and look elsewhere. Some Different complain at both. No pleasing some everyone

fixed. Amazing different people thinking different things. Unlike Force supporters who all think they've been wronged by everyone.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Robertson, Kuridrani, McDonald?

There were obviously some limited windows of opportunity for people who were ready for a move.
Rather than see them go OS.
Nobody could rate this a high level of recruitment in a squad of 42.

I hear that the Force is recruiting for next year already.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There were obviously some limited windows of opportunity for people who were ready for a move.
Rather than see them go OS.
Nobody could rate this a high level of recruitment in a squad of 42.

I hear that the Force is recruiting for next year already.
They’re recruiting for next year? Amazing??? Where do they come with such innovative stuff. Twiggy and Hodgo are incredible.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
fixed. Amazing different people thinking different things. Unlike Force supporters who all think they've been wronged by everyone.

True. It wasn't everyone, mostly just the two biggest Rugby Unions in the country that wronged them. Lucky we actually don't need them.