• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 1: Reds v Rebels

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Great to have rugby back. That time of year to cancel the Netflix sub and add on Stan sports to the package!

Looking forward to this.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
You know, it is possible some of the Rebels squad have COVID or are in iso because of it. May not be injury-related. Apparently all the kids are doing it these days.
quite possible but we do know, Hosea crocked, Hardwick head injury v Drua, Skelton & Pone F coming back from injury, Leota hamstring, Kellaway, Kemeny - no idea. i can tell you that in the named 23 were a number who did not train on Tues am, when i asked one of the players he said "lots of injuries at the moment". the certain ins that are missing are Hosea, Leota, Kellaway and Fa'amausili. possibly Hardwick and Kemeny from the bench, thats a significant portion (25% from your probable best team). i am not confident, but early on in the season most games are probably 60/40 to the home side

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Big loss, especially in the second half.
Flook-Stewart are a little light on firepower, will need Petaia to help punch the ball up a bit.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds are going to start this season slow, and barring further key injuries Rd 1 - 3 is probably the best chance of beating them.

my expectation is a clunky performance from both teams

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Reds are going to start this season slow, and barring further key injuries Rd 1 - 3 is probably the best chance of beating them.

Even so I feel with Pone, Hosea, Kellaway, Leota, Hardwick and Kemerny all out we will be pretty heavy underdogs

Wilson

David Codey (61)

I have a feeling if the Reds can keep there discipline in check and secure the ruck it should be fine from there. The rebels are really lacking players who can generate front foot ball with all their go to options from last year gone or injured, so I think they're probably going to have to score in 3s.

That feels like a pretty big if based on the trials though, might end up scraping through on the strength of our bench.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I have a feeling if the Reds can keep there discipline in check and secure the ruck it should be fine from there. The rebels are really lacking players who can generate front foot ball with all their go to options from last year gone or injured, so I think they're probably going to have to score in 3s.

That feels like a pretty big if based on the trials though, might end up scraping through on the strength of our bench.
Yes this is a similar Rebels outfit to last year, minus Naisarani, Koroibete, Pone, Leota & Kellaway.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
What’s the go with the Rebel’s jerseys?
The bottom half is very confusing, quite liked the old navy blue one.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Lets see if the Rebels have gone forward or backwards since last year. Not sure about Foote as a coach. Time will tell.