• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 2: Rebels v Force

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
just saw a post on Insta of Michael wells giving his helmet to a special needs kid & the look in the kids face was priceless. He’s a great example on & off the field.

pitty the teams output couldn’t match that last night.

Defensively we weren’t to bad but we are lacking in attack. Ball movement & cohesion in the back’s simply non existent & only glimpses of punch from the forwards. I made point of it last yr when loosing Isi.

Well done force better side.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Philip deserves better than this. Who was our 11 again? Poor bloke had a miserable night. Powell did better than him when he was playing wing against Mataele.

Rodda was great, hope he's not too injured, his footwork in contact is impressive.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Philip deserves better than this. Who was our 11 again? Poor bloke had a miserable night. Powell did better than him when he was playing wing against Mataele.

Rodda was great, hope he's not too injured, his footwork in contact is impressive.

11 was Glen Viahu.

he was on my side of the pitch in the 1st half. Other than 1 dropped ball in space on attack I actually thought he was okay. Safe under the high ball put a lot of pressure on in attack. Still think he is a 12.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
11 was Glen Viahu.

he was on my side of the pitch in the 1st half. Other than 1 dropped ball in space on attack I actually thought he was okay. Safe under the high ball put a lot of pressure on in attack. Still think he is a 12.
Really, I remembered multiple drop balls and missed tackles. Oh well, only way is up (I think).

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Really impressed by Pasitoa. He has serious ability.

Rebels are just awful. They seem to be playing a game from a past era. Their offseason recruitment looks really poor.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Really impressed by Pasitoa. He has serious ability.

Rebels are just awful. They seem to be playing a game from a past era. Their offseason recruitment looks really poor.
What's Foote's credentials? He doesn't seem to be going in the right direction

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I hate to say it, but I was really unimpressed with the Rebels. I don't know why their most impactful player was on the bench. Towards the end there was such little effort from a lot of players. And their big name players were so uninspired.

The Force were good but they wouldn't have a margin like that against a decent side. This game really showed how the big money clubs in Japan, France, etc, have really gutted Super Rugby in Australia.