• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 2: Rebels v Force

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Still think the Rebels could surprise a few, they were undoubtedly poor. The Rebels played brain dead rugby at times and I feel the pressure this put them under contributed to all the unforced errors as they were always chasing the game and trying to force passes

Where I think the Force were the complete opposite, I think they played some tactically smart rugby so they were always in the game and I felt when the opportunity to attack was there they were able to capitalise

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
The old force would have backed up last weeks good performance with another close loss or a poor performance here so hopefully things have changed and this new side really has improved

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels in trouble. Gordon benched with To'omua to 10. not sure I love that. That is a very, very underwhelming 11-14.

REBELS (1-15): Cameron Orr, Jordan Uelese, Cabous Eboff, Matt Philip, Ross Haylett-Petty, Sam Wallis, Brad Wilkin, Michael Wells (c), Joe Powell, Matt To'ouma, Glen Vaihu, Raymond Nu’u, Stacey Ili, Lachie Anderson, Reece Hodge

RESERVES: James Hanson, Matt Gibbon, Sef Fa’agase, Thomas Nowlan, Tamati Ioane, James Tuttle, Carter Gordon, Young Tonumaipea

FORCE (1-15): Tom Robertson, Feleti Kaitu'u (c), Santiago Medrano, Fergus Lee-Warner, Izack Rodda, Brynard Stander, Kane Koteka, Tim Anstee, Ian Prior, Reesjan Pasitoa, Manasa Mataele, Richard Kahui, Kyle Godwin, Toni Pulu, Jake Strachan

RESERVES: Andrew Ready, Harrison Lloyd, Greg Holmes, Ryan McCauley, Ollie Callan, Isaak Fines-Leleiwasa, Jake McIntyre, Byron Ralston

Wilson

David Codey (61)
He didn't have the best game but he was hardly the cause of the rebels' problems.

A bit surprised Ioane didn't get promoted, does he not yet have the fitness to start?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He didn't have the best game but he was hardly the cause of the rebels' problems.

A bit surprised Ioane didn't get promoted, does he not yet have the fitness to start?
Dunno, he was the cause of quite a few of the problems. Like I don't wanna turf him but he threw some shockers.

Yeah Ioane looks unfit. Works well against tiring opposition though.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Dunno, he was the cause of quite a few of the problems. Like I don't wanna turf him but he threw some shockers.

Yeah Ioane looks unfit. Works well against tiring opposition though.
He definitely made mistakes, but Hodge probably made more and left Gordon without support as a result. I guess if the rebels can't fix their gain line issues then maybe they're better off benching Gordon - hit his confidence a bit now but spare him the bigger hit he'd take play-making without options for another week.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Gordon looks like a confidence player, dropping him won’t help. Should have persevered with him another week at least and just had To'omua to slip into first receiver occasionally to ease some of the pressure

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
I can't believe the Rebels are just rolling out the same halfbacks as last year. 9 is a huge problem for the Rebels.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gordon looks like a confidence player, dropping him won’t help. Should have persevered with him another week at least and just had To'omua to slip into first receiver occasionally to ease some of the pressure
The coaches have no clue down here. How many intercepts will we throw now with To'omua at 10? So much less enthusiastic about the game now

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)

Even if he doesn’t play him in the first half and bring a different back rower on in the second. We don’t want to be chasing the game again, we need some front foot ball in the first 40

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Faaarrrrk. Bring Gordon home. What an absolute fuck up by the coaches there. It looks like that is the only change to last week’s team, then moving To'omua to 10 and the bringing in the 12.
Rebel’s playing issues last week were more deep seeded than Gordon. If anything To'omua and Powell were the issue. When the bench 12 come on, him and Gordon played better.