• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 2: Waratahs v Reds AKA The 2022 Festival of Hate.

Tahs vs Reds

• Go Tahs

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • I hope it goes badly for both of them

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Prefer not to say

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Newsome has been fine but we have seen a lot of him over a long time.

He's not a great player and ultimately I think we can do better.

He doesn't offer a lot of upside so if he is going to keep his spot he needs to be incredibly solid.

I feel like we need someone with more playmaking ability back there.
Did you see Campbell play for the Reds on Friday night?
Great player. Thorny talked him up prior to the game and I agree with him that he is very talented.
He was very quiet..
Drop him?
Put Petaia in!
Ridiculous.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Did you see Campbell play for the Reds on Friday night?
Great player. Thorny talked him up prior to the game and I agree with him that he is very talented.
He was very quiet..
Drop him?
Put Petaia in!
Ridiculous.

Petaia is also in the starting XV.

OK, Alex Newsome is an incredible player and should be the Waratahs fullback all season. Almost a certainty to play for the Wallabies this year.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Petaia is also in the starting XV.

OK, Alex Newsome is an incredible player and should be the Waratahs fullback all season. Almost a certainty to play for the Wallabies this year.
Completely ridiculous comments.
As I said, we all see different things and are here to throw our ‘learned rugby knowledge’ around for interesting debate.
To be overly critical after two games into a new season though is completely stupid.
There is some moron on here who suggested young Donaldson was a ‘shitshow’,one of the worst five eighths NSW has ever had and should be dropped back to ‘4th’ grade! I mean obviously a troll with absolutely no idea and hardly looking for any positives. Key board warrior.
Lucky we aren’t coaches is all I can say.
By the way, I do take your sarcastic point that Newsome is not an outstanding fullback, but so far, after only 2 games he has been extremely solid in a position he is not usually playing.
Coleman, Whitaker and Gilmore are no slouches and feel based on pre season, training and who is available is the best at present....and he hasn’t let anyone down.
A bit more positivity is best, that’s all.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
“Petaia is also in the starting XV. “

To clarify Braveheart, I meant move Petaia to fullback...

Which I’m sure Thorn will not do, because Campbell had a quiet game.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
This is the point though. Harrison is about to also be available and I think we will be best served by having both in the starting XV.

I feel like we are missing a second distributor.
Well, it will be interesting to see how the coaches pick their side this week.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
Newsome has been fine but we have seen a lot of him over a long time.

He's not a great player and ultimately I think we can do better.

He doesn't offer a lot of upside so if he is going to keep his spot he needs to be incredibly solid.

I feel like we need someone with more playmaking ability back there.

We've seen him play 2 games in his preferred position and he has been very solid. Let's wait and see a few weeks, he is the same age as Tom Banks and Jock Campbell who many argue are only just coming into their prime now. The Anti-Newsome rhetoric is a bit unwarranted IMHO

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
This is the point though. Harrison is about to also be available and I think we will be best served by having both in the starting XV.

I feel like we are missing a second distributor.
I agree. I've watched them play together a few times and they complement each other's playing style

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
I agree. I've watched them play together a few times and they complement each other's playing style

I wouldn't hold my breath, Harrison was available for selection last week and didn't make the 23

1646102323844.png

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Newsome played better than expected at 15. Surely DC wouldnt drop him after their first win in a year and they put 40 points on the Drua. I can see Harrison making an appearance from the bench this week and maybe next before returning to the starting team.