• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 4, 2018 - Jaguares vs Waratahs @ Buenos Aires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Duffy was playing colts for Norths at the start of last year. Will be quite a meteoric rise if he gets on for the Waratahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DXzTfb0VQAA2ceh.jpg:large

Beale and Gordon both passed fit.

Starting forward pack is the same with Kellaway dropped, Newsome starting and Taqele on the bench.

Tolu Latu replaces Hugh Roach on the bench for his first match of the season.

Nick Duffy replaces Mitch Short on the bench for a potential Super Rugby debut.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well, I'm pretty happy with those selections.
  1. Beale and Gordon fit!
  2. Newsome in with Taqele on the bench!
  3. Latu gets a break!
Swinton has had a good holiday, I would have liked to have seen him on the bench with a 5:2 split. But with Gordon and Beale both under a cloud, a three man backs bench is less risky.

Another good performance from Palmer should see him swap with Staniforth next week.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Have to say, he's pretty much adressed all the issues ive had with his selections so far. Punted Kellaway, brought in naiyaravoro and Latu.

Bet they'll all stink the joint out now and prove i'm a moron.

T

TOCC

Have to say, he's pretty much adressed all the issues ive had with his selections so far. Punted Kellaway, brought in naiyaravoro and Latu.

Bet they'll all stink the joint out now and prove i'm a moron.

What happened to Kellaway, looked to be tracking as a star a few years ago, but can't produce it consistently at Super Rugby level.. He strikes me as a better fullback then wing, maybe with Folau in the team he doesn't have a place.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Beale to be subbed early if we are up by a significant margin and then we may see Taqele at 13 and Foketi at 12.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
What happened to Kellaway, looked to be tracking as a star a few years ago, but can't produce it consistently at Super Rugby level.. He strikes me as a better fullback then wing, maybe with Folau in the team he doesn't have a place.

He's just unremarkable. He's not particularly pacy for a winger, doesn't have an exceptional positional or kicking game, is pretty easy to bump off in a tackle. He is meh.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
He's just unremarkable. He's not particularly pacy for a winger, doesn't have an exceptional positional or kicking game, is pretty easy to bump off in a tackle. He is meh.

He was a "good finisher" in under 21s or whatever it was that he starred. I do remember being pretty sceptical about somebody of his size making the grade as a winger when he started to play with grownups.

Status
Not open for further replies.