• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R3: Highlanders v Rebels

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yeh at the game and rebels seemed to really mentally switch of with the yellow card - like holy crap we have to face them with only 14 men.as lot of soft tries including the one when they had possession at back of a maul near their try line and just needed to exit but no allowed the landers to get possession - criminal.

Other thing I noted was landers early speed over the ball which rebels failed to offer same speed (and awareness / alertness) and lost a few possessions but this did improve in fairness.

Other thing I came away from game with in seeing up close is I can’t see To’omua anywhere near the wallabies as just offers nothing special from what I saw.

I love rugby at Leichardt. Jealous. :D

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Managed to cough the ball up three times and miss 5 of his 10 tackles though. Still needs work.

Would like to see him show some rugby smarts too. His second try had to be converted to keep the Rebels in the game and he simply placed the ball adjacent to the touch in goal with only Smith chasing some 5 - 10m infield. Could easily have given To'omua a simpler shot at the sticks. His game is generally littered with poor decisions imo.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Never been to Leichardt but spent a lot of time at Leichhardt Oval in the 60s when living in Balmain and knowing a few of the Tigers reserve grade players.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Biggest positive for me was how composed Gordon looked. Excellent on attack and defence all night.

Hard to believe he was a 20 yr old starting only his second Super game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Biggest positive for me was how composed Gordon looked. Excellent on attack and defence all night.

Hard to believe he was a 20 yr old starting only his second Super game.

Was that the young 10? I was coming into ask about him, I thought he looked not bad for a kid!!
Another of the young Aussie kids around that look to having a good future in the game.