• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R4 Brumbies vs Hurricanes

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Alright former Canterbury rugby union football representative, Jordie Barrett. Be like that. Suddenly forget how to kick when the Evil Empire's final hopes are on the line. Fine. Whatever. I guess the Blues will just have to do it themselves and beat these Cantabistani bastards up in Auckland, then.

Jordie looks absolutely buggered to me. A bit like DMac he been carrying that backline all season and looks like it wearing hom down. Not talking about kicking even, just looks tired to me.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alright former Canterbury rugby union football representative, Jordie Barrett. Be like that. Suddenly forget how to kick when the Evil Empire's final hopes are on the line. Fine. Whatever. I guess the Blues will just have to do it themselves and beat these Cantabistani bastards up in Auckland, then.

It's rare to see a post with so much arse-biting potential :)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A bit of time to mull over the game has passed. For a low scoring game, it had plenty of excitement and good play. Mostly, the Brumbies held on and won through their defence. I've probably never seen both Ardie Savea and Laumape kept so quiet with ball in hand. Contrary to the usual impacts between NZ and Aussie sides, the Brumbies forced many tackle situations on the Hurricanes players back behind the advantage line.

It was a much stronger scrumming effort by the Brumbies too, especially considering half their usual starting pack has been missing for long periods - Slipper, Neville, Brown and Samu. Scott Sio performed better than he has for a while, but just how promising is young Tom Hooper at lock/6? Hooper, Frost, Swain, Reimer and Scott look good enough to be around for some years. Pity the younger backs are mostly leaving this year.

Though it was essentially a team effort, there were some very good individual performances. Sio, Lonergan and Ala'alatoa had the better of their opponents at scrum time and in open play, Coles excepted. I like the way Reimer and Stowers are willing to challenge for the ball at the breakdown. Seems that hasn't really happened much since Poey moved on. Len Ikitau and Tom Banks were the pick of the backs, and while Tom has shown good form against all NZ sides it is a little mystifying that people don't see him as Wallaby quality.

Two winners in the TT gives some promise for the tests coming up, where you'd expect the Wallabies to be dominated by selections from the Reds and Brumbies. Let's hope that there are another couple of wins next week.