• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R5: REBELS v CRUSADERS (NOW IN SYDNEY)

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
What happens if they win by 32 and second and third are tied for wins, bonus points and points difference?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I'd have to check but I think it's tries scored & on that basis CruSadists would go through IF they score three tonight which realistically they'd have to in order to level-up on PD.

Edit: four tries, not three: Clan currently lead that stat 30-27.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
if its a NZ ref they just keep playing until + 33, in fact if they get to + 33 at any stage he will blow "no side" - do refs still say that ?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What happens if they win by 32 and second and third are tied for wins, bonus points and points difference?

"Tie breaking rules

"In the event of two or more teams being equal on competition points for any position on the Competition table, either during or at the end of the season, such position will be decided upon using the following steps until the tie is broken:

"a) Most wins from all matches;

"b) Highest aggregate points difference from all matches;

"c) Most tries from all matches;

"d) Highest aggregate difference of total tries for versus tries scored against from all matches;

e) Coin toss"

https://www.superrugby.co.nz/news/solving-the-riddle-final-race-explained/

As above Clan lead 30-27 on tries scored, also 17-13 on net tries for & against (30-13 v 27-14).

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
End of the day it’s a massive opportunity for the Rebels, nobody expects anything from us and a lot of kids getting exposed through injury. Even if we lose it matters little I just want to see the boys go out and rip in. Prove that they belong in the match day 23 and aren’t just making up the numbers.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
End of the day it’s a massive opportunity for the Rebels, nobody expects anything from us and a lot of kids getting exposed through injury. Even if we lose it matters little I just want to see the boys go out and rip in. Prove that they belong in the match day 23 and aren’t just making up the numbers.
Yep, if we can get 1 player that looks like they can make the grade from the untested players from today, then that’s a positive for next season.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yep, if we can get 1 player that looks like they can make the grade from the untested players from today, then that’s a positive for next season.
That’s it, they should just keep it simple. If they focus structured rugby they will fall down as all the experienced guys are out. Just focus on the basics, one on one tackles, no one out runners and just let the boys play what’s in front of them on attack. If it doesn’t work that’s fine but I would hate to see us going in just trying to limit the damage. I would rather get flogged trying to take them on then lose by 20 odd trying to limit the damage

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
That’s it, they should just keep it simple. If they focus structured rugby they will fall down as all the experienced guys are out. Just focus on the basics, one on one tackles, no one out runners and just let the boys play what’s in front of them on attack. If it doesn’t work that’s fine but I would hate to see us going in just trying to limit the damage. I would rather get flogged trying to take them on then lose by 20 odd trying to limit the damage
I’d be happy if we just prevent the Crusaders from winning another bloody trophy lol

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep tough gig for rebels but chance to see if some of the squad players can make the step up and test themselves against the best. Rebels have been solid last few weeks and even last week after being 19-0 down and could have run away from them showed some fight to come back and make a contest of it for a while.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
What a horrible defensive line. Then they kick out on full. Crusaders could rack up 100, the way this is going.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Why is it when the kiwis get a penalty in their own half their kickers chew off 30-35m. When the Aussies get one we are lucky to take 20m

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dallas McLeod does not look in a good way........

Edit: Running straight into Lomani's hip will do that to ya. Probably the end of him for the day, on top of losing Havili late.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Naisarani off. Pone injured. To'omua, Hodge, DHP too. That's near our best 5 out. No line bending.

edit: least we got Hosea.