• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby-TT: Rd 1 Western Force v Chiefs, May 15th, Perth

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
First time I've properly seen them play for years, but the Force seem to be as nuggety as ever. Seeing stupid sexy Kahui on the wing is a hell of a throwback too.

McKenzie having his second shitter of a match in a row too.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
20210515_195943.jpg

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Was watching the game with interest, but Stans coverage has started glitching out

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bloody exciting game, great finish, and have to say bloody great crowd!! Force were unlucky, but if they had won on that kick at end would of been strange, the Chiefs would of lost because they scored one of their tries!! Think about it boys!
All in all very good game by both teams. Chiefs in second half I thought were fading and looking a bit tired after final last week ,but more because Force revved up a bit!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Disappointed with the loss, but loved the heart from the boys. I thought we were barely hanging on in the first half but as the game wore on I thought we got stronger. Big test against the Highlanders this week.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
stupid sexy Kahui
God damn that corrosively-handsome man and his clutch tries at the death!

Was it just me or was the ref either the most eagle-eyed man in the universe? Or was he just making shit up? Every single fucking minute he's up at the TMO

Chiefs an obviously better team but made such thickly laborious work of getting the W.

DMac still on the tab with his Crossroads deal to get Chiefs to the SRA final. Stuffing up his kicks and utterly failing to get his team down fucking town.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well after a sleep I have to say on waking up this morning, and thinking more over my bacon and eggs, still looking back at this game with real enjoyment. And I said it a couple of weeks back and will repeat, I take back what I said about Force early in season, they are not too bloody bad at all, and as I said last week they got the game that will cause some of our teams problems. And hats off to a bloody great crowd, theywere great, good number and they got right into it. I was sitting here until 2am watching the games, and apart from Mrs Dan54 muttering on about rugby tragics with a problem, thought it well worth it.
For Chiefs I have to say Va'ai is getting better all the time, I think he was MOTM.
I didn't think DMac went bad at 10 , ok he's a 15 but his general play was pretty good, though he was starting to look absolutely nackered and perhaps needs to have a little kicking practice to get radar going a bit better again.

I have to say I really enjoy Justin Harrison's work on mike, and Cheika is a good comments man, even if my missus can't stand his voice!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Faaaarrrk. Just watched the highlights. Commiserations Force that could've been an amazing finish. Very well done to be the closest Aus team this weekend. Love the crowd too. Fkn NZ.....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Faaaarrrk. Just watched the highlights. Commiserations Force that could've been an amazing finish. Very well done to be the closest Aus team this weekend. Love the crowd too. Fkn NZ...

Wow yes just saw highlights and did not realise Miotta could have won it if conversion successful. Latter so close as just veered to right of the post to just miss and break some Force fan hearts. Force really were up for that game against very good chiefs team and I underestimated how much improvement still in the Force as seem to be getting better and better as season goes on.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Did anyone notice how the Chiefs being awarded a try almost cost them the game? When Nathan Harris scored and ref went upstairs he said if didn't ground it would be a penalty try, as DMac missed the conversion they would of got 7 points instead of 5 and would had a Force player in bin? Thought it quite funny and a quirk of our game.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Did anyone notice how the Chiefs being awarded a try almost cost them the game? When Nathan Harris scored and ref went upstairs he said if didn't ground it would be a penalty try, as DMac missed the conversion they would of got 7 points instead of 5 and would had a Force player in bin? Thought it quite funny and a quirk of our game.
Didn't see this part. I think Stan cut it out.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Awesome effort from the force. At least one Aussie side put some effort in. To think the force got arsed is crazy. Probably the top 2 teams in Aus fore crowds and when got booted the second best team in Aus. Unbelevable. The Aru put Aussie rugby behind 10 years by making that call.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Awesome effort from the force. At least one Aussie side put some effort in. To think the force got arsed is crazy. Probably the top 2 teams in Aus fore crowds and when got booted the second best team in Aus. Unbelevable. The Aru put Aussie rugby behind 10 years by making that call.

I didn't know why they were cut etc etc , I know it was money, only thing I always thought if they had to cut one Force were wrong team!

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Some game and crowd.

We've been feeling it building all year.
When we were struggling half way through the Aussie comp (post Brumbies) you start to wonder if you just have rose coloured glasses on.

Since then we've beaten the Rebels, the Tahs, the Reds and put up a decent show in the semi against the Brumbies.

We've now played one of New Zealand's best without Timani, Kuridrani and Pulu and had the courage to leave Miotti on the bench and our performance was outstanding. We were so unlucky to lose that.

I'm hoping we can add Timani and Kuridrani into the 23 this week which will strengthen us massively. Is Lezana an option too?

I keep pinching myself. Is this all really happening?

Yes I'd love more Wallabies in our squad and hopefully we can get that happening over the next few seasons but we're playing good rugby, our error count is dropping, we look well coached, the fans are turning up and the feel good factor is here in the west.

I cannot wait for Friday.