• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super TT final

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Blues forwards can wear the losses of Ofa and Robinson. Black's loss would be..... suboptimal, to put it politely. Even if it does eventuate, would rather Barrett not be allowed to waltz on in and play for the prize once everyone else has done the hard work.

For the Highlanders, Nareki has been great, but the Highlanders forwards are already up against it, and Parkinson's loss could be terminal.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
would rather Barrett not be allowed to waltz on in and play for the prize once everyone else has done the hard work.
Oh hell no. FFS I'd rather they LOST* than let that precious cotton-wooling prick sashay in and demand the 10 jersey "just to let Fozzie know I'm good to go at 10".

200.gif

"O, HAY guyz, it's me that guy from a couple of seasons ago who cotton-wooled himself under the posts for a whole fucken season and didnt make a single line break so he could save the bod for a big J-payday. Ching ching, motherfuckers. Anyway, I'm back now to hoist my trophy and take my lap of honour. Hay, did you cnutz sign my brother yet?

*total bullshit

RichieMo

Frank Row (1)
The Blues have arguably the best depth at no.10 in NZ, with Otere Black, Harry Plummer and Stephen Perofeta all being Super Rugby level standard first fives. Zarn Sullivan is another player who can play 10. It would be ridiculous for Leon Mcdonald to bring Beauden Barrett into the team at first five when he has so many other options who have all worked hard to get the team to the final.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really hoping we get as few punishing NZ officials for this match as possible. Berry would have to be the best option for referee.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
675318041nasa-shuttle-taking-off-gif.gif

Fueling Status Update: "Houston, just letting you know, this weekend we're going with a 180-proof composite of pure ethanol, benzine and 245-T. Also half a billion gallons of climate-fucking nitromethane. Maybe a few hundred cans of kero too. Plus a few bottles of Absinthe we got from duty free. Fuckit, we'll biff a handful of jaffas in there too for good luck".

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nareki & Parkinson both named by Clan: Josh Ioane, Sio Tomkinson, Michael Collins, Scott Gregory, Jona Nareki, Mitch Hunt, Aaron Smith (cc), Kazuki Himeno, Billy Harmon, Hugh Renton, Bryn Evans, Pari Pari Parkinson, Siate Tokolahi, Ash Dixon (cc), Ethan de Groot. Reserves: Liam Coltman, Ayden Johnstone, Josh Hohneck, Josh Dickson, James Lentjes, Kayne Hammington, Sam Gilbert, Teariki Ben-Nicholas

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
No Robinson or Ofa for Blues but they do have Otere and Papali'i.

BLU: 15 Zarn Sullivan, 14 Bryce Heem, 13 Rieko Ioane, 12 TJ Faiane, 11 Mark Telea, 10 Otere Black, 9 Finlay Christie; 8 Hoskins Sotutu, 7 Dalton Papalii, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Patrick Tuipulotu, 4 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Kurt Eklund, 1. Alex Hodgman.
Reserves: 16 Ray Niuia, 17 Karl Tu’inukuafe, 18 Marcel Renata, 19 Josh Goodhue, 20 Blake Gibson, 21 Jonathan Ruru, 22 Harry Plummer, 23 AJ Lam.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pleased Telea is back in favour. Not at all sold on AJ Lam.

Feel sorry for Perofuture. Was safe enough in his extended run at FB but just didnt offer enough of a point of difference on attack. Hasnt been sighted in even the 23 since. Guessing its Plummers ability to play 2nd 5 too thats keeping him on the bench ahead of the lad. Would still way rather have Pero at 10 than Plummer ffs.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
The heavy rain forecast probably doesn't suit Perofeta's game either. Plummer with his bigger frame is probably more useful in that sense.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pleased Telea is back in favour. Not at all sold on AJ Lam.

Feel sorry for Perofuture. Was safe enough in his extended run at FB but just didnt offer enough of a point of difference on attack. Hasnt been sighted in even the 23 since. Guessing its Plummers ability to play 2nd 5 too thats keeping him on the bench ahead of the lad. Would still way rather have Pero at 10 than Plummer ffs.

Perefato has been used to carry on kicking tee lately and that's about all. You would think he looked to The Canes or somewhere, although he not AB level, think he a pretty handy super level player.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Think with the 2 teams named, it got the makings of being a reasonable game.
Think the tighties will be fairly even, Blues maybe a ants dick ahead, loosies the Blues should have the better, but Renton ,Harmon and Himeno will not get too knocked around.
9 & 10 the Clan are quite some ahead+, midfield reasonably even, and back 3 there will be bugger all in it.
That's how I see it as a neutral, so if the weather doesn't f*** it up too much, could be good!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just thought that being a nice bloke ;), I have noticed there been very little interest in final of TT by our Aus posters, so just a heads up boys ,if you not interested in the game and don't want to watch it, the final of World Test Chamionship is on over weekend, so ......
Oh Bugger I just remembered...:p:D

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Does anyone think the Blues or Highlanders winning could potentially overshadow the Crusaders taking out Super Aotearoa. Has their form in TT taken them ahead of the Saders?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Does anyone think the Blues or Highlanders winning could potentially overshadow the Crusaders taking out Super Aotearoa. Has their form in TT taken them ahead of the Saders?

I don't think it will, most seem to genuinely feel that this is different comp again, and cobbled together because of covid, so don't get a huge feeling of one being a hell of a lot more important then other.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Call me biased but no. Finalists were determined by PD & without having to play each other. SRT-T in this format is the rugby equivalent of Monty Python's Contractual Obligations Album.

Status
Not open for further replies.