• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super TT final

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Champions.

Very pleasing.

Great for someone like Gibson to have such a big part to play in what is probably his last Blues game. He's been at the Blues for years and had so many injuries.

Credit to Plummer - ice cold when it mattered. Ruru was good too (can't believe i'm typing that).

On form Zarn Sullivan should be named in the ABs on Monday. I don't think he will get named - but he should - that's how well he has played.

dbcooper

Frank Nicholson (4)
Eden Park was popping. I will suffer no disrespect to Harry the Wizard and his magical Beavering.

As a reward, I'm going to indulge myself in the Stuff rugby comments section for the next few days.

Paul Cully for Stuff gave both Ioane brothers 5/10 in his player ratings. He is obviously acting out after this result.

NZ rugby "journalists" really go out of their way attack those two. Very weird.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Eden Park was popping. I will suffer no disrespect to Harry the Wizard and his magical Beavering.

As a reward, I'm going to indulge myself in the Stuff rugby comments section for the next few days.

Good on ya zer0. really pleased you enjoyed it. Sure looked like it was going off, sister from up there who went said it was a great night to take grndson to rugby!!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to add young Zarn added to my opinion of him last night, 20 yo playing in a final so well and looking so calm kind of send message this kid is good. And still think he looks like he will be a bloody good 10 to me.

RichieMo

Frank Row (1)
Have to add young Zarn added to my opinion of him last night, 20 yo playing in a final so well and looking so calm kind of send message this kid is good. And still think he looks like he will be a bloody good 10 to me.

It will be interesting to see how the Blues manage their squad next year. They have so many first fives, with Black, Plummer, Zarn Sullivan and Stephen Perofeta currently in their squad, and Beauden Barrett returning next year from Japan. Surely at least one of those number 10's will move to another team in search of gametime? But where? The Crusaders have very little back-up to Richie Mo'unga and would welcome any one of those players.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
On form Zarn Sullivan should be named in the ABs on Monday. I don't think he will get named - but he should - that's how well he has played.
The kid has been safe as houses. Just drives me nuts how Tenured Superstar Jordie will casually completely roger up every third thing he tries and turn the ball over but never gets called out on it. I am Grimey and Jordie is Homer.

tenor.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It will be interesting to see how the Blues manage their squad next year. They have so many first fives, with Black, Plummer, Zarn Sullivan and Stephen Perofeta currently in their squad, and Beauden Barrett returning next year from Japan. Surely at least one of those number 10's will move to another team in search of gametime? But where? The Crusaders have very little back-up to Richie Mo'unga and would welcome any one of those players.

They've got Fergus Burke & presumably there's at least one potential Super Rugby-level 5/8 running around with College, CBHS or St Andrews & if not they'll just go buy them one, like they did with Fergus (St Paul's Hamilton) & Brett Cameron (Wanganui Collegiate, I think) - granted that one acquisition has worked out rather better than the other :).

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

Update: there's A LOT of butthurt people still suffering from Fitzy, Zinzan, brothers Brooke, Carlos et al induced PTSD. You love to see it.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Great for someone like Gibson to have such a big part to play in what is probably his last Blues game. He's been at the Blues for years and had so many injuries.

Unfortunately seems you're right there.

Four long-term stalwarts of the Blues have finished their careers with the Auckland franchise following Saturday night’s 23-15 win over the Highlanders.

Following the victory, head coach Leon MacDonald confirmed the Blues will have to make do without first five Otere Black, flanker Blake Gibson, lock Gerard Cowley-Tuioti and midfielder TJ Faiane in 2022, with the quartet all signing off on their Blues tenures on a high.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/firs...blues-following-super-rugby-trans-tasman-win/

Black, Cowley-Tuioti, and Faiane to Japan, while Gibson is moving to another, as yet unnamed, NZ franchise. Maybe the Highlanders or Hurricanes?

Faiane will probably be the hardest to replace due to the dearth of midfield options. Tele'a would be the first cab off the rank I guess. Or Harry the Wizard. Could Tuivasa-Sheck play at second-five?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Gibson to Chiefs?

I think the plan for RT-S is to play him at wing initially while he re-learns the game at which point he'll move to fullback. At least that's what Sir JK said he'd heard.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ Gibson to Chiefs?

I think the plan for RT-S is to play him at wing initially while he re-learns the game at which point he'll move to fullback. At least that's what Sir JK said he'd heard.

Yep can't see RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) knocking Zarn out of his spot in a hurry.
Can understand Otere going to Japan, BB back and as I reckon in long rub Zarn will be running the ship form 10 in a couple of years.
Perhaps Gibson to Crusaders? They need a 7!

RichieMo

Frank Row (1)
They've got Fergus Burke & presumably there's at least one potential Super Rugby-level 5/8 running around with College, CBHS or St Andrews & if not they'll just go buy them one, like they did with Fergus (St Paul's Hamilton) & Brett Cameron (Wanganui Collegiate, I think) - granted that one acquisition has worked out rather better than the other :).

Brett Cameron moved to CHCH for university and was brought into the CRFU system after impressing at club level.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

I a real Zarn fan, but he not an AB yet, everyone who thinks he is need to calm down a bit mate, this is not Aussie where a few good games make you a test player. Besides which ,I still see him as a 10 in a couple of years.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I a real Zarn fan, but he not an AB yet, everyone who thinks he is need to calm down a bit mate, this is not Aussie where a few good games make you a test player. Besides which ,I still see him as a 10 in a couple of years.

They picked Tupou Vaai last year as a bolter and that was a fine pick. Jordie should move to 2nd five and Jordan needs to learn how to tackle.

Zarn is going to be an AB eventually anyway so get him in the environment and get him up to speed - playing Tonga and Fiji it's the perfect chance.

If he doesn't make the ABs it seems nuts that he missed the Maori ABs.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Yep can't see RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) knocking Zarn out of his spot in a hurry.
Can understand Otere going to Japan, BB back and as I reckon in long rub Zarn will be running the ship form 10 in a couple of years.
Perhaps Gibson to Crusaders? They need a 7!
Roger’s a freak, will not be surprised if he’s in the AB squad next year.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
If RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) wants to play at fullback then he better move to another franchise. No coach in their right mind would want a Folau situation of a pop-gunned winger-at-fullback seeing you constantly lose territory. Especially when you have the best tactical kicking fullback in the country already there.

Ergo it should be wing, midfield or bust. Given wingers aren't an issue at the Blues but midfielders are.....

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
They picked Tupou Vaai last year as a bolter and that was a fine pick. Jordie should move to 2nd five and Jordan needs to learn how to tackle.

Zarn is going to be an AB eventually anyway so get him in the environment and get him up to speed - playing Tonga and Fiji it's the perfect chance.

If he doesn't make the ABs it seems nuts that he missed the Maori ABs.

Yep forgot about Vai'i and how well he went. Still like to let Zarn have a year or 2 though.
As I said in another thread ,I don't think Jordie at 12 is that out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.